Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quebec unvaxxed tax

Good for you, Quebec!

They report a sharp rise in vaxxing since they announced their new taxing.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Good for you, Quebec!

They report a sharp rise in vaxxing since they announced their new taxing.
    The tax is a threat, not a reality. No law has yet been passed and no final details have been made public.

BUT....you are right: politicians understand that inspiring FEAR works!
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Smarter move than my province paying them to be vaccinated, that was nutso. The unvaccinated are causing billions of dollars of damage to the economy and our healthcare system, not much different than the sin tax we put on cigarettes and alcohol for the burden their use puts on society..
      1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

At first I thought this was Quebec being Quebec ..... Trying to pi$$ off the Feds .... But it looks like the Feds don't think it's such a bad idea ..... Austria has a $4,000 fine for not getting vaccinated and if you don't straighten it out in three months they ding you again ..... I kind of like a levie on " stupid " .........
        Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
        Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
        1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          At first I thought this was Quebec being Quebec ..... Trying to pi$$ off the Feds .... But it looks like the Feds don't think it's such a bad idea ..... Austria has a $4,000 fine for not getting vaccinated and if you don't straighten it out in three months they ding you again ..... I kind of like a levie on " stupid " .........
          I wonder what the income breakdown is for the mob
          They are stupid and self aggrandizing so poor? Or millionaires?
          Still can't see it fly constitutionally
          1983 GS 550 LD
          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
            Let's take a look at the alternatives. Forced mandatory vax, economic sanctions (such as this tax) Systems of control that penalize a person by defining them as being part of an undesirable portion of the social structure (And therefore exploitable) or a system of "Social Scoring" that can be used to scrutinize a persons every move therefore placing them in a dynamic of undesirability (voluntary exploitation with the ability to change that)

Or we can just ignore all that and let it continue to run it's course. One thing is for sure, those who are best equipped to creatively manipulate will come out on top, don't ask me who or what that will be although we should be guaranteed a reason to complain about it.
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
              I can't either . But lets face it pushing Quebec via the Charter isn't likely to happen . We cheerfully let them pull their religious symbol nonsense ......
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post
                Smarter move than my province paying them to be vaccinated, that was nutso. The unvaccinated are causing billions of dollars of damage to the economy and our healthcare system, not much different than the sin tax we put on cigarettes and alcohol for the burden their use puts on society..

If one wants to get something done and all attempts have failed, make people pay for it instead of giving it to them free. As soon as the word responsibility if heard, most people run screaming for their closet. LMAO
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by wyly View Post

If one wants to get something done and all attempts have failed, make people pay for it instead of giving it to them free. As soon as the word responsibility is heard, most people run screaming for their closet. LMAO
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Couldn’t agree more.
                    2010 Honda VFR1200F
                    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
                    Being Revisited
                    1981 Honda CM400T
                    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Austria is considering the same approach -- right now the unvaxxed can't go into any public places -- and some large companies in the US are charging unvaccinated employees more each month for health insurance (much like for smokers). Other companies have told the unvaccinated they will be fired at the end of January.
                      sigpic
                      '77 GS550B
                      '78 GS550C

Comment

Others have decided it best to tell them to take a hike and opt to retire.
                        De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Retired people pay taxes too ......
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                            Retired people pay taxes too ......
                            everyone pays taxes
                            they even screw yah one last time at the moment of death
                            1983 GS 550 LD
                            2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

There's poll out today that found 25% of Canadians were okay with anti vaxxers going to jail, a bit extreme imo. Maybe if Omicron were as deadly as small pox or ebola I'd be onside with that.

I have zero sympathy for anti vaxxers and their moaning about being forced to have "poison" injected into them, it's ludicrous. Having spent nearly two years in and out of the chemo centre with the mrs and witnessing first hand real poison being injected into people was sobering. I'd like to be present when these anitvax/poison nuts refuse their chemo when they come face to face with the cancer reality that will hit 50% of us.

Met the wife's oncologist on Friday for an update on her latest CT/PET scans, cancer was in full remission only a tiny spec remained, she still has a number of chemo sessions remaining and one possibly two surgeries but it was a very very good day. Going from stage 4 cancer with 15% survival to nearly full remission lifted an enormous emotional burden from us both. The requirements for wearing a mask and vaccinated is just so petty and childish in comparison to what she and I have gone through for 2 years.
                              Last edited by wyly; 01-19-2022, 03:55 PM.
                              1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Working...
                              X