Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
    Canada still doesn't live up to the % contribution its supposed to make to NATO and has no plans to do so. Only and increase is being made.
    maybe we can buy more POS british subs to project our might in the northwest passage?

Are any of you folks aware that this thread has fallen steadily into a rehash of Ukrainian propaganda?
    if you want some insight into what russians are seeing then use google news and in its settings select russian language\ Russia
    it quite the thing and a refreshing change from the pie in the sky nonsense most western outlets are spreading.

one feed actually showed a story about the death squads sent for the Ukrainian leadership. AN odd development that Russians would be allowed to read that and a possible hopeful indicator that the horror of what's happening might reach everyday russians.
    I find that many of the listed stories only have the headline and when clicked are inaccessible likely due to geo location blocks but its still real news that the russians are seeing
    As it is they are in a state of economic siege and bound to go native hard.
    The childish view that Ukraine is a monolithic ethnically pure state is a horror from an 8th grade United Nations exercise.
    The Donbass is largely ethnically Russian and by god honest to god self professed Nazi militias did a photo op with a granny in a major city with a ak47 prior to the invasionww so lets not pretend this is a simple issue.

The stories of gutless boogaloo boys who think wars a game and bollocks about a re lyriced crappy Clash song are useless to everyone
    Yes,one needs both sides....the Donetsk, Donbas, Crimea elections and so on...however when a country is being re-created, the World needs a look-in and need be satisfied before all the schools have to buy new globes...that'd be the UN, I'm afraid. Ukraine is a "new" country in those terms, despite the long history of aborted nation-building, and ructions are sadly not suprising.

War has a habit of playing into the hands of "interested parties" and just one: I fear the comparison to Afghanistan's proxy war (Mujahadin+CIA VS Russia) is too accessible . These things are like mud on a motorcycle wheel....hard to get out of the pit (of war) once fallen into. And needs awhile to shake it off.
    Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-20-2022, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
      The video of little Spanish children hugging the Ukrainian children is gorgeous.
      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
      1982 CB900f

Comment

Ukraine today, Sunday Mar 20, Line in the sand negotiations and video.
        Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said neither he nor his people can accept some of Russia's reported demands for ending its increasingly brutal invasion.
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          Ukraine today, Sunday Mar 20, Line in the sand negotiations and video.
          https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...165552475.html
          Ukraine was years from NATO membership anyways. And that is aside from a condition being you can't join NATO when you're already engaged in a war on your borders.

he's not going to listen to me and I don't know much about Ukraine -so far that my habit was to call it "the Ukraine" and right or wrong I perceive Crimea has been Russian since they took it from the Ottomans who took it from the Byzantines etc etc....But somehow there has to be a settlement. And it may involve partitioning, supervised voting,... I'm not sure how much cross-border migration would be involved. I expect- not much. If I'm right, in these regards, I'm wondering how difficult these agreements can be.
          As to "installation of a friendly government" I expect that had to do with an easy settlement of these , though naturally a Russian Puppet was going to bind Ukraine so tight....That WILL be a non-starter without another Iron Curtain.

(I'm reminded how it's a big hurdle if you have to change railway gauges when you cross the border. I think this slowed the WWII Germans down? It must also hinder commerce.)

Add: and going down the yahoo page, though I admire the guy, the World War III rhetoric is sounding a bit shrill and I'm glad Ukraine gave up the nukes. Likewise, fluff stories about "fears in Latvia" are not helping.....
          Last edited by Gorminrider; 03-21-2022, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            somehow there has to be a settlement. And it may involve partitioning, supervised voting,... I'm not sure how much cross-border migration would be involved. I expect- not much. If I'm right, in these regards, I'm wondering how difficult these agreements can be.
            When the prospect of this particular war first popped up I looked into the "Why" behind it. At first I could find no economic incentive for Putin to commit that many resources toward it without a payoff in the end, it had to be about more than just "Reuniting his people" in order to sell it to the Proles at home. Sure enough, it turns out the eastern provinces of The Ukraine are rich in Lithium deposits and an Australian mining firm was awarded the contract to develop the mines by The Ukraine government. My bet is that didn't sit too well in Putins craw.

The tired old story of saving a group of suffering people has always worked before, why not this time? People become accustomed to the life they know and are hesitant to change it, even when it brings them great misery to maintain that life. Sure, there will be some die hard "I'm a Russian and proud" types who will make the jump but lets face it, it's the other European countries, especially Poland that are and have already seen this cross border migration take place. Remember, Belarus was allowing middle eastern refugees pass through their country and Poland had to stop the flow at their borders, too many to take care of. Adding that many more unproductive people on a countries resources is a great way to bankrupt it.

Politics is merely a smoke screen for what's really going on, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!
            Last edited by LAB3; 03-21-2022, 02:04 PM.
            1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
            1982 GS450txz (former bike)
            LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Of course the fact that missiles and hostile armies could be stationed 450 kms from Moscow had nowt to do with it. No Putin is to be vilified and turned into a caricature. Sure he's a scumbag KGB POS but the west wrote this script as much as he did.
              1983 GS 550 LD
              2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Of course the fact that missiles and hostile armies could be stationed 450 kms from Moscow had nowt to do with it. No Putin is to be vilified and turned into a caricature. Sure he's a scumbag KGB POS but the west wrote this script as much as he did.
                On the other hand, Havana is about 100 miles from Miami, but then, U S has not invaded it. Also, there are parts of Canada that are within 100 miles of U S borders. Why not send some bombs just because we can..

On a different note: Maybe Putin needs to have "his" house within missile range of his close neighbors. That would cause him to be more inclined to be considerate of other countries. Of course he wants the situation of being able to attack anyone else without interference and his being out of reach to his victims. At the very least, Ukraine should get equal firepower to what Putin is using on them. Every time Russia sends one, Ukraine returns one.
                Last edited by earlfor; 03-21-2022, 04:41 PM.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

The absolutely vicious treatment of Cuba by the US is hardly an example of enlightenment. You can also note that the US temper tantrum about Cuba has lasted 60 some years without meaningful results.
                  As for the Canadian bit keep reaching into the trick bag of reductio ad absurdum.

NATO is at the root of this but its too disjointed and weakened by its democratically windblown politicos.
                  I guess no weaker or more cowardly than China and Russia in Vietnam with the thinly veiled and sometimes outright lie of only providing assistance.
                  The election cycles in each state that sanctioned Russia are going to tell an interesting tale soon enough.

8 bucks a gallon or so for diesel here. In a country where morons drove tractor trailers across the country to object to common sense and human decency inherent in Covid laws.
                  I believe you have some in Washington now?
                  1983 GS 550 LD
                  2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

As mentioned before, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Some of us LOVE decoding conspiracy theories and my favorite folks are the ones who create them! Let's play a game, go to this site and read about this guy then create a conspiracy theory based on what you learn there. Sure, it's a stupid idea BUT you might pick up on the thing or two to help unmask a conspiracy. Remember, there's still some folks out there that think THEY have an obligation to something intangible which urges them that it's their duty to RULE THE WORLD!

1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
                    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
                    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

8 bucks a gallon or so for diesel here. In a country where morons drove tractor trailers across the country to object to common sense and human decency inherent in Covid laws.
                      I believe you have some in Washington now?
                      On the other hand, they aren't blowing up Washington with missiles because they feel slighted either. Putin has no justification for this war.

Comment

Modern War: more for drone owners, but the day is coming, or is here, they can get your phone too.

Comment

Fake video.......
                          1983 GS 550 LD
                          2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Fake video.......
                            There has been several articles about drone use from both sides, Russia and Ukraine and possibly just civilians?

One of World's largest drone manufacturers has been ask to stop their drones from. Operating in that region...and I've heard they have the means to do so??

Comment

One thing that seems to becoming clarified in this conflict is the quality of the Russian soldier ..... Which seems to range somewhere between crappy and really fuddle duddling crappy .......
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

Fake video.......
                                It's from 2014? I think..fake or not, it's a pretty good rendition. See this, available to buy and in use now (portable Aeroscope):https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB55Gq0X-rQ

and see post 534 per "updates to Aeroscope" which, if true, boils down to a declaration of war on Ukraine by Chinese drone-maker DJI (:https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...82#post1690282)

Comment

Working...
                                X