Ukraine russia invasion predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bccap View Post
    This is why I have never bought into " The market has priced in " or " The market looks ahead " ..... Everybody and his dog knew what Putin was going to do and the market waits around for him to do it before it tanks like it is today ......
    Maybe they're just in it for the money.
    1983 GS 550 LD
    2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Anyone out there have a particular reason as to why it's a good idea to over run troops protecting Chernobyl?

In other news, Chinese aircraft have violated Taiwanese airspace....
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

There was no surprise where Putin was headed, how politicians can say now they're shocked Putin would go this far deifies belief. The whole process is right of Hitlers 1939 playbook, the west had ample time to prepare for this I've no doubt every General and Intelligence agency in NATO advised it was coming.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Yup, Ukraine should've been admitted to NATO when it 1st applied and not to have at least let the Ukraine arm itself for a proper defence was pacifism gone mad, and I'm a pacifist.

I see the same insane appeasement directed toward China no good can come from coddling dictators in order to do business with them.

Comment

Both the US and the UK were signatories to the Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing the Ukraine security in exchange for giving up their nukes ..... Another broken promise from the west .....
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Russian stock market down another 25% today { it was 45% at one point } and the ruble taking a sh!t kicking ..... I wonder how sure Putin is of his hold on power at home ? ......
              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Both the US and the UK were signatories to the Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing the Ukraine security in exchange for giving up their nukes ..... Another broken promise from the west .....
                That Memorandum broken when Putin invaded the Crimea, his word was proven worthless and still Nato membership was withheld.

Will Trump's latest unequivocal support and admiration for Putin finally end his popularity, I can't imagine anything more repulsive to republicans than Russian/commie aggression by an ex KGB agent.
                Last edited by wyly; 02-24-2022, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Just watched the PM's speech ..... Among other sanctions " no exports " at all to Russia .....If I'm not mistaken we send them a fair whack of wheat ..... Could be some bread inflation happening in Moscow .....
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

No, apparently China will import wheat from Russia. And of course natural gas. At bargain prices too.
                    Ukraine has been a buffer-state like Poland was for so many,many years. The situation has been unstable since the USSR collapse. Russia will keep what territory it wants and maybe even install a puppet government. I guess we'll see how much trouble that causes Russia...
                    . NATO can still count Poland and the Baltic states as "wins" if you are inclined to score.

Reminds me of Iraq, though this is much easier, like Trump invading Canada) ....I like to compare the world reaction.
                    I'd "like to buy the world a Coke" too, and fix it but that isn't going to work.

Comment

Speaking of China I wonder if they are mulling over invading Taiwan ? .... Good chance to catch the world with it's pants down ......
                      1983 GS 750

Comment

bccap,You might like this Atlantic article but to quote as a summation "
                        It is impossible to predict with certainty what Xi may be thinking about Taiwan in the aftermath of Putin’s Ukraine war. Unlike Putin when it comes to Ukraine, though, Xi isn’t amassing an invasion force on the strait separating Taiwan from the Chinese mainland. Also, Xi is many bad things, but foolhardy is not one of them. In his perception, China’s ascent is inevitable; time is on its side
                        ."

Russia’s invasion of Ukraine makes the frightening possibility of China seizing control of the island more real.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                          bccap,You might like this Atlantic article but to quote as a summation "."

https://www.theatlantic.com/internat...taiwan/622907/
                          Personally, I think Taiwan will be in the most danger if a truly threatening (to Xi) resistance or protest movement forms in China.
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                            Personally, I think Taiwan will be in the most danger if a truly threatening (to Xi) resistance or protest movement forms in China.
                            Taiwan is safe, China still doesn't have the capability to take the island fortress. China doesn't feel that it needs support for it's claim to Taiwan.

China's game right now is it's ridiculous claim to the South China Sea wants Putin's support for that, we can be sure it and Ukraine was discussed when Xi met Putin during the Olympics.

Comment

This invasion is appalling.
                              I was far more enraged when Bush 43 invaded Iraq.
                              What can you do when your own gub'ment goes Hitler?
                              "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

We can hope that the Nord pipeline is completely scuttled, that inflation in Russia goes bonkers, that supplies dwindle, and that eventually, the frightened masses rise up and depose Putin for the mid-20th century type of autocrat he is.
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X