Miss USA dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss USA dead

Cheslie Kryst, 30, the 2019 Miss USA, leapt to her death from a Manhattan skyscraper this weekend. According to CNN, she was "on social media the morning of her death."

Why does shyte like this have to happen?

And it seems every August, a promising young girl from the slums is raped and murdered. It seems always, "she was scheduled to start college in a few weeks, the first in her family ever."

Maybe the "City That Never Sleeps" should take a nap.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Mental health related most likely. Depression is a massive elephant in the room for some people.
    Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Might want to wait to see how that story pans out. All that is known at this point is that she apparently fell to her death which may or may not mean she did it on purpose.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Mental health related most likely. Depression is a massive elephant in the room for some people.
        Tell me about it. My apartment is slightly big, but it's not that large. I'm constantly bumping into that elephant.

I do not believe in euthanizing animals, except in the most extreme circumstances. I believe in the right to commit suicide, but I denied my mother when she asked me, actually twice, I think, to put her out of her misery. (The pain did subside in an hour or two, so yes - thank you Sacklers.)
        1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
          I'm constantly bumping into that elephant.
          Me too. Difficult to get around it some times. Especially in winter when the bike is frozen to the ground.

Chins up all (easier to say than do sometimes) and remember you are never alone!
          81 GS650GL

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
            Might want to wait to see how that story pans out. All that is known at this point is that she apparently fell to her death which may or may not mean she did it on purpose.
            Of course that is true, although it is being reported by reputable media (CNN) that she "leapt."

Which would be less terrible for her mother? That at least she met her death with her 'mental health' intact?

My maternal grandfather died when he was 100 years old in a "fall" from a building. My brothers and others believe it was suicide. I am pretty much the only one, certainly the only one alive, who is quite certain it was suicide. The authorities saw no reason to be cruel, and listed it as an accident.

Maybe the authorities should tell Miss USA's mother that she accidentally fell?

Comment

Originally posted by LAB3 View Post
              Initial reports had more detail than " fell to her death ". She lived on the 9th floor, jumped from the 29th floor terrace and left a note leaving all her belongings to her mother.

Based on the report, she was seen on the 29th floor. Very sad.......

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                Of course that is true, although it is being reported by reputable media (CNN) that she "leapt."

Which would be less terrible for her mother? That at least she met her death with her 'mental health' intact?

My maternal grandfather died when he was 100 years old in a "fall" from a building. My brothers and others believe it was suicide. I am pretty much the only one, certainly the only one alive, who is quite certain it was suicide. The authorities saw no reason to be cruel, and listed it as an accident.

Maybe the authorities should tell Miss USA's mother that she accidentally fell?
                Looks like vmass has some newer information that explains things. That said, besides suicide or an accidental fall, there's also the possibility of murder not to mention other reasons which may not pop up at first glance. Waiting for facts to surface doesn't seem matter much these days and much like the various media outlets who will twist a story to fit a narrative the best we can do is keep ourselves from doing that same thing.

Comment

Social media has more than just the mental health issues of our youth to answer for.....
                  1980 GS1000G - Sold
                  1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                  1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                  1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                  2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                  1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                  2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

More in NY

Kings (Brooklyn) Plaza closed right now because a boy, 14, was shot.

Look for Rockland (Northern suburb) shooting video (Sat 1/29), nicely caught on door cams. Five males, six guns, one GPS tracker around a shooter's ankle.

Who are these people? Signs and wonders. But I think once you quit hearing "sir" and "ma'am, the rest is soon to foller.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                      Social media has more than just the mental health issues of our youth to answer for.....
                      Where's that damned "Like" button?
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

Happy Year of the Tiger. Feels like year of the rat.

Comment

Originally posted by salty_monk View Post
                          Will censorship of social media cure issues or just hide them?

Comment

Originally posted by Vmass View Post
                            Will censorship of social media cure issues or just hide them?
                            It's going to take at least a decade or perhaps longer for this to play itself out. There's already been overwhelming evidence presented as to how social media (in it's current form) is impacting us yet we continue to sit back, assign blame to others and wait for someone else to "Do something about it" At some point the people (probably a younger generation) will revolt against the status quo and the tide will turn back to real live in-person human interaction. Until then there's going to be a lot of pain and suffering to endure, I just hope to live long enough to hear the term "OK millennial!" entering common conversations!

Comment

There is a 24/7 free hotline that people struggling with mental health can call. It’s also there to support loved ones who are concerned. The number is 1-800-273-TALK.

Comment

Working...
                              X