National Pizza Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Pizza Day

Today is National Pizza Day in the U.S., but it's worth taking note in other countries too. People all over the world are still seeking scapegoats, and pizza gets blamed for everything from obesity to Covid.

We've all seen the clip of a rat dragging a defenseless piece of pizza up the stairs in the NY City subway, but think about that. While several people were quick to record the incident, none intervened. Not a single person even called 911.

Harmless fun, you say? Yesterday, a slice was thrown in front of a moving train.

Support your local pizzeria, and have a happy National Pizza Day!
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

I just ate 2 pieces of a Hunt Bros. down at the country store a while ago. I guess I did my part.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

I love pizza. Every time my boy and I go to Costco we order one up on the way into the store, and pick it up when heading home. Yum.

I've also taken up the craft of the homemade pizza brewing. Bought a cooking steel, and have been iterating on how to make a good crust. Therein lies the rub; makeing a good crust is not trivial. There is tons of contrary information on the internet. I'm still looking for that perfect recipie. If you have one please share.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Gas station pizza has pretty much ruined pizza for me.
        2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
        82 gs1100L probably the next project
        1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
        1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

May sounds odd, but the Hunt Bros. are the best around, better than the local pizzerias, only drawback I like to go in & sit down & eat, these come from gas stations or convenience stores that rarely have a table & chairs.
          1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Being in New York City, you know I have endless choices for any style of pizza, even 'Chicago' (deep dish) style. If you're ever in Queens, you'll want to try the Sicilian at V.I. Pizza, Bell Blvd near Northern Blvd.

People are always wondering why NY has the best pizza, bagels, etc. A popular theory is the water, which has world renowned flavor and purity right out the tap. But I think it's the people. NY has always had a steady flow of immigrants from Sicily, China, and any other place you can name.

Like many others, though, I like to keep a few frozen on hand. Years ago, I settled on Tombstone, but I haven't found it at the supermarket these last two years, so I've been using Paul 'Newman's Own' plain ('four cheese'). I say using, not eating, because it's about as tasty as cardboard. But when embellished with about a quarter pound of Polly-O mozzarella, it's eminently edible.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Back in High School days, mom would buy a small square box of little pizzas, maybe 4 or 6 in the box, probably 4" dia. I ate tons of them. Green box, not a clue of brand, haven't thought of them in yrs. & yrs.

Comment

Frozen pizza, ok not pizzeria quality but convenient.
                The budget brand here is Jack's. I had their Mexican supreme last night but it seemed bland, because recently I've bought the better brands.
                Paul Newman's pizza is much better, and so is a Chicago brand; Home Run Pizza that might be the best frozen in this area.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Guess I'm a pizza snob. No way I'm eating frozen pizza, or pizza from one of the big chains. Small, local places only. Preferably owned by a family whose name ends in a vowel.
                  And I'm not having a pizza with 49 toppings* on it either. What the hell is that crap about?? If the pizza is good just a slice of plain cheese is wonderful. Add either (not both!!) Italian sausage or anchovies and go straight to pizza heaven.
                  Lots of good pizza joints in NYC, but for the best head to central NJ. Specifically Federici's in Freehold. You can thank me later.

*And if one of those toppings is pineapple, may the Lord have mercy on your soul.
                  '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Make my own pizza dough and I would accept 49 toppings provided they are all anchovies
                    97 R1100R
                    Previous
                    80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

I like pizza so much. I can eat it for very meal)
                      Have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by Brendan W View Post
                        Make my own pizza dough and I would accept 49 toppings provided they are all anchovies
                        You are clearly a man of much wisdom and impeccable taste...
                        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Guess I'm a pizza snob. No way I'm eating frozen pizza, or pizza from one of the big chains. Small, local places only. Preferably owned by a family whose name ends in a vowel.
                          And I'm not having a pizza with 49 toppings* on it either. What the hell is that crap about?? If the pizza is good just a slice of plain cheese is wonderful. Add either (not both!!) Italian sausage or anchovies and go straight to pizza heaven.
                          Lots of good pizza joints in NYC, but for the best head to central NJ. Specifically Federici's in Freehold. You can thank me later.

*And if one of those toppings is pineapple, may the Lord have mercy on your soul.
                          Fed's...... mmmmmmm. Rich speaks the truth.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

For the record, I don't like pineapple pizza...
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

DON"T LIKE PINEAPPLE PIZZA?????? Did you try it??? ... I'll admit I didn't either, I thought it sounded sooo grossssss, until I tried it... It's great, tho it still sounds terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X