Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robertbarr View Post
    You'll find worse on Craigslist.

"Mint condition, vintage motorcycle, needs tune-up, slight miss at around 4,000 r.p.m., needs seat recovered, serious buyers only. No lowballers."
    Yeah, "ran great when it left the factory", or "Just needs a battery and a carb cleaning"

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

And people thought I was nuts with my abandoned 81 CB750F project and that was more complete than yours.Good luck but I think you might rather a lot of that.I understand the sentimental attachment you have but that will only go so far.

Comment

Lots of good stuff...rebuild of some of the major stuff just may not be that expensive.... nice fork set for 100 bucks and I got 13 hit by typing in 1975 CB400 seat. If she actually runs, then you just might have a winner there.

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Load it on a trailer and take a spray bottle of simple green to the car wash. Spray it off, apply the simple green and some rag washing with that and then rerinse..bet she looks better than you think it does under all that crud.
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Lots of fuel tanks listed also....

eBay Motors makes it easy to find parts for cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles & more. We even offer a massive selection of new & pre-owned classics, hot rods, exotics, vans, ATVs, RVs, boats and more at eBay Motors. Shop for your next vehicle, or start selling in a marketplace with 171 million buyers.

Comment

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ARRRRRRGH!!!

Oh, the Japanity!
              "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Musicman, these bikes are easy to restore I have done several and have done a few in worse shape than yours. Do just as already suggested, go to the powerwash and spray it like crazy. Then pull the carbs, and plugs and douche the motor with aton of wd40. Till it is coming out the plug holes kicking it over with the kick starter. The motor is dry now and any condensation will stick the now free bores with rust by the time you get home from the car wash...ask me how I know...When you get home put some new plugs in and a battery charger on the old battery, assuming you dont have the key just unplug the ignition harness and make a jumper wire to cross the leads 4 total 2 jumper wires needed. this will give you power to the coils. spray a little starting fuild in the carb boots and give it a kick. If all is well it will fire on the second or third kick, dont worry it will not over rev without the carbs it will burn the starting fluid for a second or two. Now that you have confirmed it will run without stending any money, get to rebuilding those carbs. I have lots of 400f parts. If you need any will trade for GS1000 parts feel free to ask me any questions.

Comment

So it's gone for good, took it in for scrap the other day. The engine wasn't seized, but there's nothing usable there except for maybe the engine and frame (with no title). The forks were trashed, wheels rusted through, frame was in good shape surprisingly, kickstand mount was rock solid, just a little surface rust here and there. Carbs were frozen, wiring cut. I added up the the parts it needed in total and it came to about $2000 give or take a couple hundred to get it on the street. Not worth it!

So I said "Off with your head", killed the frame so I could scrap it without a title, and said goodbye.

Comment

I would have at least kept the engine for a Honda 90 project.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

That factory 4 into 1 was worth saving as long as it wasn't full of holes. You should have parted it out and made some money. There were usable parts there
                      1984 GS1100GK newest addition to the heard
                      80 GS 1000gt- most favorite ride love this bike
                      1978 GS1000E- Known as "RoadKill" , Finished
                      83 gs750ed- first new purchase
                      85 EX500- vintage track weapon
                      1958Ducati 98 Tourismo
                      “Remember When in doubt use full throttle, It may not improve the situation ,but it will end the suspense ,
                      If it isn't going to make it faster or safer it isn't worth doing

Comment

I didn't think it was a factory 4-1, maybe it was the stock head pipes with a junk aftermarket can? Either way I'd rather it be gone than play the part out game. I hate selling stuff, because I hate dealing with people, lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X