BMW K1100RS Spline Lube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

Besides, I've been sitting on my @ss watching TV since Christmas...
    OMG, your head must be completely turned to mush by now!!!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Bob, check your voice mail. I have some Honda Moly 60 lube that is supposed to be one of the best spline lubes available. You are welcome to have all you need.

Thanks,
      Joe
      IBA# 24077
      '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
      '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
      '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        OMG, your head must be completely turned to mush by now!!!
        Five seasons of Fringe, both seasons of Homeland, a few movies...and, of course, football.
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
          Bob, check your voice mail. I have some Honda Moly 60 lube that is supposed to be one of the best spline lubes available. You are welcome to have all you need.

Thanks,
          Joe
          Guess I need to start carrying my phone more...

The Honda 60 stuff is very popular on the K-bike forum. But I already have the Guard Dog 525, which is also highly rated on the forum.
          But thanks for the offer...

Comment

Spline is lubed...trans is back in...

Also the alternator and center stand are back on the bike...

Pics tomorrow....

Comment

Threadjack

Comment

Wow! That is very black...

Comment

Small delay...
                  Got an email from the place I order my parts, Max BMW, and they need to order some of my parts from the main warehouse.
                  It will take 3-4 days for them to get them, then send them on to me.

No worries...plenty of time before the salt is off the roads....

Comment

OK..pics from Sunday...

A cleaned up input shaft...

BMW Spline Lube by baatfam, on Flickr

The splines all lubed with Guard Dog 525 Moly lube

Trans going in...

A fresh set of "monkey nuts" for the alternator...

Going back together...

Center stand back on and off the saw horse...

Comment

Welcome weekend!

Should be able to get out to the garage and get some more work done today.

I got a shipment notice from Max BMW. Parts should be here Tuesday.
                      And the rear brake pads arrived Thursday from Beemer Boneyard.

Comment

Didn't get out there yesterday...but out there this morning.

Just taking a lunch break...and back to it. Pics to follow.

Comment

Alrighty...got a little done today. Still need the parts arriving Tuesday to finish.

Got the clutch throw out bearing, rod and arm installed.

BMW Spline Lube 30 by baatfam, on Flickr

Then got the swing arm in

BMW Spline Lube 31 by baatfam, on Flickr

Installed the final drive. Kinda a pain to get it together while getting the drive shaft phased correctly.

BMW Spline Lube 32 by baatfam, on Flickr

And then the lower arm and shock bolted up

BMW Spline Lube 33 by baatfam, on Flickr

BMW Spline Lube 34 by baatfam, on Flickr

That's all for now. Next weekend should wrap this up

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                            That's all for now. Next weekend should wrap this up
                            OK...well that didn't happen...

Even though I have a heated garage, when it gets super cold I don't like to work out there...the cold just comes up through the concrete...
                            Plus, I had some very busy weekends...

Finally got back to it....today I replaced the speedo sensor, put new rear pads in and remounted the rear caliper...

Not much, but we are almost home...still a few weeks away from riding weather....

Comment

Yup! Still haven't finished due to work and unpleasant weather.
                              Plus I decided to replace the clutch cable since the boot on the bottom end was torn up.

So the weather got real nice yesterday and I had the new cable so away we go.
                              Even got to open the garage door and get the Miata out of my way.
                              Need to clean out the garage after I am done with this.

Spline Lube 37 by baatfam, on Flickr

Had to remove the tank to replace the cable

Spline Lube 38 by baatfam, on Flickr

Got the ABS unit back in, battery, computer, and hard bag mounts

Spline Lube 40 by baatfam, on Flickr

Another nice day expected today...

Comment

The splines all lubed with Guard Dog 525 Moly lube
                                I see you've done a bit of home work. I might have to try that stuff soon.

I wrote this up for motobrick.com. I thought there might be some inmates who would find it useful/informative so I'm posting it here too. First off,...
                                De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Working...
                                X