• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psyguy View Post
    Very very nice GK!
    Thanks...

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
    GK, how much paint did you buy?
    Looks like yours and most of the neighbours cars are silver as well.
    only 2 cans lol, the cars came from the factory in silver, lol,,,hey my last car was white if u believe it

i actually did not have enough paint, could have used at least one more can for better and more even coverage, but I now know for next time

and 2 cans of clear was actually enough, even had a bit left over, however it only stays good for 36 hours I believe it was

Originally posted by allojohn View Post
    Holy moly, outstanding work there GK. You are a bit of a perfectionist methinks.
    unfortunately at times I am....

but I really like it when things turn out nice...
    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-2015, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous!

How long was the project, start to finish?
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
        Gorgeous!

How long was the project, start to finish?
        Approximately about 10 months, there was no rush, mostly done over the winter months, I did not paint until a year latter, when I first completed the resto I was not certain on the color I wanted so I used that Plasti Dip stuff to cover everything and protect the parts that were primed, once I settled on my colour, this year, I peeled off the Plastidip and painted all the parts, that only took a couple of days, but was done over two weekends, as I couldn't use the paint booth during the week.

It was actually cool putting back together a bike in my basement, lol, the new house does not have access from the garage directly into the house, and being winter, I did not want to be in a cold and freezing garage working on this, so 90 percent was completed in the basement, even painting the frame was done in the basement, since it was brushed on there was no mess in the house, then it was brought up the stairs and into the garage for final assembly.

No engine work was done, other than painting it in the garage, that was the only thing done over the winter, but it gave the paint lots of time to cure before it was put back into the frame.

Comment

Working...
        X