FZ1 to be Tour'ed finally AT HOME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeburkart View Post
    Soooo does this mean I get the black short bars for my nighthawk?
    See what happens when you sell a guy a bike on Craigslist? You become instant friends and end up hauling his butt 300 miles to pick up a bike up in the middle nowhere. Ha! Good times.
    I'm concerned about a guy on a semi crotch rocket with ape hangers. Just saying......
    Bah, such little faith Jon. The bars on it do make it wheelie easier...LOL The motor is from a crotch rocket. Lol the bike is a technical "standard".

Yeah Jon just shoot me an email. We will have to hang out again soon. Off Thursday ill pass the bars off if you want to swap em'. I need to hand off that cam tensioner and clutch kit anyway.

Thanks again bud, I greatly appreciate the help. Shoot me a line soon.
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      That FZ1 looks very different then the one you posted in my other thread... Where did you get those hand guards? I like those. Koso heated grips are also in the cards...
      Great ideas with that picture. Thanks.
      Yea, its a bit of a work in progress... Almost ready to call it quits on the mods.

The guards are a kit from suzuki for the Vstrom 650. Quite cheap, and I was able to use the supplied mounting hardware to mount them up. They barely cleared the mirrors, and the tall screen, but you shouldn't have that problem

Comment

Originally posted by Jeburkart View Post
        I'm concerned about a guy on a semi crotch rocket with ape hangers. Just saying......
        The technically correct term is "couch rocket."
        Currently bikeless
        '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
        '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
          The technically correct term is "couch rocket."
          LOL You couldn't be more right Jethro....

So 4k miles so far this season on this thing. I've spent every minute I've been awake on this thing or at work. It's an awesome machine. Can't say it enough!

So went through one set of tires and I'm using a higher mileage (harder compound) of the Shinko 009 Raven. I have a bout 1k on the rear and I just put on the front and I can say they feel pretty good for only $160 a set... I got them for I hear they have good highway life. No imbalances or handling issues... A little hard in the turns but if I can get over 5k miles on a rear I'm sold. The dirt and sand is finally starting to come off the roads so I've been getting more and more confident in leaning the bike over...

I also added a taller wind screen and got a set of soft saddle bags. The bags are always on the bike... really helps me reach out for I can pack everything I need plus I have storage to bring something home.

Next buy is a lockable water proof top case. It will be necessary for May when I plan on ridding at least 3-4k miles that month alone...

So I'll keep buzzing around NE. I have been averaging 600-800 miles a week. Like I said I can't stay off the damn thing.

I'm off to work!
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Man, 4000 miles already. I think you'll have no problem hitting your goal of 20,000. If you ever come my way let me know, I'd love to go for a run.

Comment

Hey Evan. I'm going to NH this Sunday. Going down early and spending a good chunk of the day visiting family in Weare NH. Plan on heading bavk home around 3-4ish. If your in the area or if I'm passing through your area let me know. I was planning on taking 89 into VT then 100 all the way home. PM and ill shoot you my number.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

I just googled the specs for the FZ1. It weighs 472 lbs with a empty gas tank.
                MY B12 weighs 455 lbs with a empty tank.
                All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

http:// http://www.yamahafz1oa.com/fz1specifications.shtml
                  http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...s1000%2001.htm
                  459lbs or 208kg dry for the FZ1 according to the FZ1 forum and motorcycle specs.co ..

http://www.suzukicycles.org/Bandit-s...0-Bandit.shtml
                  471lbs dry for a gen 1 and 484lbs for a gen 2 according to Suzuki cycles.org

I can tell you that this FZ1 feels lighter then my B-12 did. The FZ1 handles and brakes better... And the stock HP levels...its comparing peaches to pears. Even my Gen1 with stage 2 jet kit, pods, ignition advance, exhaust, -1 sprocket in the front. Cannot hold a tourch to my "stock" FZ1.

Its a shame the 1250 is even slower then a gen 1 B-12 for I was about an inch away of pulling the trigger on one. But then I found my Fazer.
                  Last edited by Jedz123; 05-04-2013, 08:09 AM.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                  X