look what followed me home...REeeeeeek!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    I got curious after reading this and went on over to YouTube. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIboqfIE-Q
    Thats a great movie! Love the groovy music. Seems Suzuki was pretty sure their rotary engine would change motorcycling forever.

I actually saw one in person at a recent motorcycle show. Would love to have heard it run. In the movie it sounds like a prop airplane buzzing by.
    Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
    Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Originally posted by esmithers View Post
      OMG, now i have seen everything. pardon me as i am young to alot of you old timers but i never knew that there was factory Rotary bike. this is very cool, but i can see that anyone who owns one getting some horrible gas mileage. Please if you do decide to make a project out of this keep us posted. and if you have any questions on Rotary in general let me know. I have rebuilt many Mazda series Rotary engines.

Additionally if you have a great fabrication shop near you.. try and get a intake build for that motor and place a small weber carb on that sucker and i bet you would get some great performance out of that motor. good ol Wankel..

If you do make a project, please take note of the coolant systems. Rotary motors are notorious for cooling problems and blowing those apex seals.

-Eric Smithers
      Norton Rotary:

It was air cooled, and started with a BSA prototype. It used the intake air to cool itself. Later was a version that used exhaust pulses to move cooling air that made more power:

This is the racing version, which actually won British Superbike one year.

Road version:

Hercules made one too:

The Norton had Police versions, and tourers too. Not many sold.

I bought a Ford Cortina from a guy in North Vancouver BC. He had a Hercules in his garage.
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
      X