No announcement yet.

Like a hole in the head...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got any of that blue and super duper red paint left?

I'd do it now, a fairing, even a little one like that will extend your comfortable riding a month or so in the fall.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Aren't you going to need clip-ons with that fairing?
      2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The bike is beautifully done, you are a craftsman.
        sigpic

Don't say can't, as anything is possible with time and effort, but, if you don't have time things get tougher and require more effort.

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
          Aren't you going to need clip-ons with that fairing?
          It's got enough of a cut out that I might be able to get by with clubmans. The stock bars almost clear, surprisingly.
          1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Got any of that blue and super duper red paint left?

I'd do it now, a fairing, even a little one like that will extend your comfortable riding a month or so in the fall.
            Yeah, plenty of paint left over to color match it to the rest, but I'll need to come up with a mount for it. The one that came with it was designed for the Moto Guzzi it was originally on. It looks like it will fit nicely, but there's definitely some welding that'll need to be done to make it work.
            1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Hmmmm that could certainly go well Larry! Haha... gotta show us a mock up first of course
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
              X