No announcement yet.

The GS Resolutions - 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will ride my GS's more often. Oh, and try to meet more GSR members.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

i should probably do a top end rebuild on the 850, it's getting a bit too leaky.

the 1000g needs fork rebuild. already took them off so that's started.

and i hope to get started on that 2nd skunk cuz it will be so cool to have 2 of them on the road.

and more racing dammit.
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
        I will ride my GS's more often. Oh, and try to meet more GSR members.
        Put me on that list
        as that is one of my musts for the new year and we are not that far away from each other
        Tom

Comment

I too will wrench less and ride more.........we'll see as it never seems to turn out that way

Comment

Went into the New Year with my bike INOP. Last ride was on Monday before my clutch cable broke. Now, I've had a braided line made and I'm changing front brake pads.

Going back to NM on Sat where I've met a fellow GSR member (mrbill). I anticipate fixing my bike and riding again. I hope to continue my adventures with my "T" in 2014.

Ed
            Last edited by GSXR7ED; 01-01-2014, 02:45 PM.
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
            Originally posted by GSXR7ED
            Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Yellowstone or bust.

Of course, it's not a GS endeavor this time; I'll be taking the Land Barge in my sig, but I haven't embarked on a serious motorcycle odyssey since 1980, when I went round trip to San Antonio on my first GS850 with everything I needed to live on and in (military) in a bungeed duffle bag.

GS related? I have some plans, some of which is luck-dependent...
              and God said, "Let there be air compressors!"
              __________________________________________________ ______________________
              2009 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom, 2004 HondaPotamus sigpic Git'cha O-ring Kits Here!

Comment

I haven't done a long ride in years , I am due, I do think it would be a great idea to do a meet and ride with people on here around the Toronto area ,you can never have enough fellow motorcycle friends ,who is in for that,brian

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                  Finish my 2 katana projects and ride the heck out of them , just ride more :
                  Finish up my FZ project, and take a ride out your way to see your Kat's...

Comment

You are welcome anytime , my father lives in Dunnville ,so I visit him often, so one way or another , Steve Murdoch lives close to there as we'll .

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                      You are welcome anytime , my father lives in Dunnville ,so I visit him often, so one way or another , Steve Murdoch lives close to there as we'll .
                      you ride from Stirling to Dunnville, now there is a ride...you pass right by me, and Spyug is in Hamilton....so you go by him as well...

we have to setup up something for sure...

Comment

We will for sure, let's just get this winter over with lol, Brian

Comment

Reduce the weight of my bike(with rider aboard) by 20 pounds.
                          If this is accomplished,all my bikes will be 20 pounds lighter.

1978 GS1000C
                          1979 GS1000E
                          1980 GS1000E
                          2004 Roadstar

Comment

1. Get the GS750E back together in time for spring. (I have the carbs back to stock, but have yet to fix the tach and spoon new rubber on the wheels.)

2. Rebuild the top end of the GS850GL which will be the last of my learning on it. Then sell it.

3. Go for a multi-day tour/ride this summer. Haven't decided yet where, when or how but I'm considering either heading west and then going around the mitten (I'll have family to stay with for many of the stops) or heading south into Ohio to possibly join up with some fellow GSRers.
                            Charles
                            --
                            1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                            X