No announcement yet.

Madura GV1200 on the horizion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For that little investment, I wonder what OTHER frame that it might be managed to fit into. The dyno that was posted only shows the horsepower graph, I wonder what the torque curve looks like and tops out at?

Comment

What really killed the Madura was spelled I N T R U D E R.

Now that bike has stood the test of time.

Comment

My brother in law bought a new Madura 700. He loved it, and would like another. I thought that they were horrible, personally. The Chrysler TC by Maserati or Cadillac Alante of motorcycles. Every time I see one, I think "Wow! Somebody bought one!". It wasn't the economy that made those things take root in the showroom, I don't think. They had a big plastic cover between the steering head and the fuel tank. I always thought the gap thee was hideous. I don't like sit up and beg cruisers anyway. They have all the styling ques, but it looks like a committee did it. That is my opinion. To anybody who likes it, well more power to you. What's with all those spokes?
        Last edited by 850 Combat; 01-24-2014, 03:34 PM.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Can't help but think the ridiculous styling had a bigger part in it than anything to do with the engine.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
            Can't help but think the ridiculous styling had a bigger part in it than anything to do with the engine.
            I figure the Madura must represent the epitome of an "L" haters worst nightmare. Personally I don't understand the whole "Bobber" and "Rat Bike" thing. It just seems like they take a perfectly good bike and make it look like crap. Now you know why Baskin-Robbins made so many flavors.
            Last edited by JTGS850GL; 01-24-2014, 03:29 PM.

1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
            1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
            1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.

JTGS850GL aka Julius

GS Resource Greetings

Comment

Just for giggles and snorts, I looked up the intake ducts and head gaskets for the GV1200.

According to my Suzuki parts source BOTH HAVE BEEN DISCONTINUED BY U.S. SUZUKI!!!

Thats a real good sign.

Comment

Gadzooks!

[QUOTE=JEEPRUSTY;1992027]One of the prettiest and most powerful Suzukis ever made
                A simply gorgeous bike for 650 you cannot go wrong.

I doubt any GS owner on here has driven a more torquey or more powerful engine.
                Um, I always thought that the Madura was the ugliest bike ever made. Worse than the Honda Maggot, and that was pretty bad..No offense....

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                  the Manura:
                  THE MANURA! That's funny sh1t, right there!

Comment

Here is a nice one. 86' 1200 Madura 795$

Comment

Working...
                    X