No announcement yet.

Project 82 GPz750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good at the half way point. I like your painting easel.
    The rustoleum link don't work, is this what you used?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Yeah that's the stuff,well the US version of it.Fixed the link I hope.A few frames have been painted on the rack as I call it

Got the pivot bolt,you can see how much had to be ground off the top one to get it to thread again.The new one was well worth the peace of mind.

Back To Black got the pods looking better.Still hoping to find some white dry transfer lettering but will leave them if I can't.

Comment

Went to put the forks together and I have a problem

The new stanchion(middle)is one inch shorter.

And the threads are differentNo air fitting holes either.Not from a 82 GPZ750,later KZ750?Should have checked it out better before the guy sent them.Thought for sure I had the right tube coming.Grrrrrrrrr!

Comment

It's been decided that we'll be going up to Nanimo to get the original stanchions hard chromed,it will be at least $300 but better than the idea of getting questionable set of tubes off eBay.Could probably get away with just doing the pitted tube for $150 but want the peace of mind so will get both done.

Took the cam cover off to (finally) get a look at how the engine was.Looks pretty good so far.Cams look really good,did a quick gap check and both gaps on #2 seems to seem really loseMan does Kawi use bolts on they're covers,counted 20 on this one.Seems like way more than Suzuki uses.

Comment

Bits and pieces are coming in from all over,got a brake lever from France,thought it was both the levers but no.It was still a good deal.A lower steering bearing came from Turkey.Lost in the mail is the clutch lever from Spain

These came out of Germany to.Was advertised to be for just the monoshock GPz,pretty clearly not.Did my research so knew it would fit my R1 .With the sad state of the Canadian dollar against the US one and the huge increase in USPS shipping to Canada it's making getting stuff out of Europe cost effective.

Comment

Didn't log into the BC Classics site http://www.bcclassicmotorcycleclub.c...k=click&bid=12 for a bit.When I did there was a PM and a couple of posts for 82 GPz750 parts.Talked to the guy this morning,it looks like I'm going to get the stanchion plus a set of signals.Where going to head up Island to the chromer to have the stanchions done tomorrow,those $$ are going to cover these instead.Maybe getting a 4>1 as well

Comment

Two pieces of good news,the deal is done on the stanchions and signals.The even better part is my mother in law is going to Kelowna so she will bring them back for meThe second is I finally got the broken baffle out of the V&H,this will save me a lot of $$.Just got to get my blasting cabinet finished then I can etch the chrome so it's ready for paint

Comment

Stanchions are home and in good shape,just 1 small nick to put some JBWeld into.So did the good one I had.The signals where a disappointment,in worse shape than what was on the bike other than the broken oneSo back to the K&S repro plan for those.Got a great deal on the stanchions so I'm not worried about the sigs much.Saved enough to get a set of cover gaskets for the engine so I can start making it look nice

Comment

A bit of a mock up of the forks as the "bars" still need refinishing.Things are (very) slowly coming together

Comment

Before and after of the first thing to be done in my blasting cabinet http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...-is-killing-me .Should be a good finish for the wrinkle PC to adhere to
                      Last edited by Guest; 08-16-2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Nice. And yes the paints gonna grab very well to it.
                        MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                        1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

GREAT work! Coming along beautifully!
                          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                          1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
                            GREAT work! Coming along beautifully!
                            And slowly

And here it is in it's fresh new wrinkle PC

Comment

The sun bleached "bars" in satin new powder coat.

Comment

Sweet results!
                                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                                1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
                                X