Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-image.ht...ationFlag=true
    look no further
    Last edited by Guest; 09-04-2014, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
      That one's ugly.
      sigpic

82 GS850
      78 GS1000
      04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
      .................________-|___\____
      ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

No it's not.

Comment

Looking at the Star line and sitting on this bike in person as well as the Bolt i really applaud Yamaha. They are nailing the showroom customs and lets be honest, japanese bikes are so well engineered they were not the most soulfull machines. I find this bike intriguing and it did to some degree remind me of my RD350. It reminded me of when i became interested in motorcycles and that to me stirs passion. Sorta like my GS but reliable LOL

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
            No it's not.
            The lines don't match. It looks all crisscrossed. In my opinion it just doesn't look as good as the other model.
            sigpic

82 GS850
            78 GS1000
            04 HD Fatboy

Comment

I'm having trouble getting past the weight. 384 lbs for a kick start only, air-cooled 400cc single?? What the hell is the frame made out of, depleted uranium??
              '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Lol,"new" thumper.When I clicked on the link I thought I was in 79 again.Not many SR500 or SRX600's left in Canada as lots of them where bought up and sent overseas to more appreciative markets.Not saying you can't find them but they're rarer than they really should be.Kick only left them rooted in the showroom then and will probably do the same for the "new" version.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                  I liked this one better...

Definitely. The SRX was fantastic.
                  "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                  ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                  1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                    I'm having trouble getting past the weight. 384 lbs for a kick start only, air-cooled 400cc single?? What the hell is the frame made out of, depleted uranium??

Exactly! The '85 SRX600 weighed 40 pounds less!
                    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                    1982 CB900f

Comment

"The lines don't match. It looks all crisscrossed."

You just described every ugly plumbing nightmare made by Ducati.

Comment

Funny. Yami ditched the kicker on some dirtbikes and quads, and it's drastically annoying in that application to have electric-only. I know of 3 toys in 3 different garages that will not start today without a trip to battery warehouse. All mine will start 3 kicks/pulls or less after sitting months.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                          "The lines don't match. It looks all crisscrossed."

You just described every ugly plumbing nightmare made by Ducati.
                          Perhaps some models, but not all. PLus the sound of a Ducati makes up for any ugly it may have.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                            The lines don't match. It looks all crisscrossed. In my opinion it just doesn't look as good as the other model.
                            I guess I don't see the lines on the SRX the same way you do. I think it all works together nicely, and in person it looks better than it shows in the angle of that shot. Loved it in 1986, still love it. The funny little exhaust made it, endearing, somehow. They were a bit corked up though, but it was a platform just begging to be modded.
                            '83 GS650G
                            '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Working...
                            X