Little Suzi - 1970 AC50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
    Ok, maybe I expressed it incorrectly, I did not infer blowing the dents out with air, but mechanical removal, piece of 2X4 from inside or so, or suction as Greg suggested.
    Yes, I know the headlight will be problematic, but I have seen them on ebay, although a bit pricey.
    In fact they were not unique to the AC series, a few of the small Suzuki two strokes carried them, however most had a bucket, the AC did not, only a bracket.
    The last ones, '73 - '76 came out with a globe as opposed to the sealed beam, this is actually a '73 not a '70 model, so i will try and get one that takes the globe.
    What concerns me more than the headlamp is the exhaust.
    Problem with putting a "bucket" style light on is the shallow mounting brackets - not a lot of room there...

i'll see what i can find here in high pipes.

Comment

Ya Greg, exactly right, and I am not going to go for a bucket style light, because this build is going the 100% factory original route, as most of the sought after parts are there, such as the original round tail light which is now made from unobtainium, even the mirrors are original Suzuki, with the Suzuki emblem embossed in the back steel housing, the flasher unit is also original Suzuki with the "S" embossed on it.
      I have already had offers of 30K for her when she is done, that would be about 3K in your $$.

Comment

Ill be watching this....i must admit that as i age, small bikes are becoming more and more appealing. I have an antique scooter, and riding it puts a big dumb smile on my face. If i ever get it legal, i plan to ride it ... and more then just around the block...........A lot. Have fun with the rebuild....
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
          Ya Greg, exactly right, and I am not going to go for a bucket style light, because this build is going the 100% factory original route, as most of the sought after parts are there, such as the original round tail light which is now made from unobtainium, even the mirrors are original Suzuki, with the Suzuki emblem embossed in the back steel housing, the flasher unit is also original Suzuki with the "S" embossed on it.
          I have already had offers of 30K for her when she is done, that would be about 3K in your $$.
          Yeah, they're starting to go for silly money here too. There was a high pipe AC50 amongst the five I did for my customer the collector. It actually belongs to a guy whose house he was living in due to a complicated multi layered deal they'd done while both were working in the mines in WA...Anyway, a friend of the owner saw it and immediately offered around 2G NZ$. And the silly boy refused it......You can still find them here for cheap but this one is complete and runs well too. I'd have sold it.....

Late edit...i've asked about a high pipe - and got met with laughter....Rare as rocking horse poop apparently. sorry.
          Last edited by GregT; 10-13-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X