No announcement yet.

74 Titan 500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've decided to sell this bike. it's old and pretty much completely stock and in nice shape and if i keep it i'll just beat the crap out of it. so i'm trying to see if there is actually any interest out there. i have seen them go for more than $2500 in similar condition on ebay. i'm not quite that greedy but if it's worth that.... well, that'd be great.

here's a link to my craigslist ad:

2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
    82 gs1100L probably the next project
    1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
    1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

The stock headlight on the old T models had a straight bottom and weren't completely round. Nothing wrong with the double leading shoe brakes when they're adjusted right. I could make the front tire howl on my old 305 when I hammered the brakes. Same brakes as on the 500.

Comment

new 73 was my scond bike.I loved it.The saddle is very comfortable.I did tour on mine.
        future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
          i've decided to sell this bike. it's old and pretty much completely stock and in nice shape and if i keep it i'll just beat the crap out of it. so i'm trying to see if there is actually any interest out there. i have seen them go for more than $2500 in similar condition on ebay. i'm not quite that greedy but if it's worth that.... well, that'd be great.

here's a link to my craigslist ad:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/mcy/4572991625.html
          Has it sold yet?

Comment

Make sure to put " 2 stroke" in your ad, that will get additional attention from craigslist nuts....er....I mean collectors.

Comment

The original headlight is pathetically dim.
              If you upgraded to a brighter headlight, then you can say, "stock except for upgraded headlight".

"Runs great. … This bike spent a lot of time stored. Last registered in the 80's and the odometer shows 4000 miles."
              Can be interpreted as it starts ok & revs good but will need crank seals.
              If you've put any miles on it this year, then its worth mentioning.

Comment

Or in typical c-listing lingo -
                "Up for cell is a rare and very fast suzuski Titan 500 all original and run like new this bike need nuthin accept for a rider not for beginners it has many new after market upgrads and mods. Great gas milage starts first or secont kick when warm and with a little start fliud starts by 3 kicks when cold. almost brand new tyres less than 4000 miles on them paint is purfect a reel head turner a two storke engin for maxium top end tork spedd. fuel and oil injected i road this bike all summer with no problems just dont have time for it now cause i got a hardly that im bobbing no joy rides unless i have cash in hand this bike is worth way more then im asking for it. no low ballers, might take some trade for things that go boom no scammers call after 5 wehn i git off werk my name is jeb dont call if your not sererios about buying. no email, i can sent more picture from my pohone."

Comment

very very realistic....i did laugh at this...

Comment

Originally posted by Notz View Post
                    Or in typical c-listing lingo -
                    "Up for cell is a rare and very fast suzuski Titan 500 all original and run like new this bike need nuthin accept for a rider not for beginners it has many new after market upgrads and mods. Great gas milage starts first or secont kick when warm and with a little start fliud starts by 3 kicks when cold. almost brand new tyres less than 4000 miles on them paint is purfect a reel head turner a two storke engin for maxium top end tork spedd. fuel and oil injected i road this bike all summer with no problems just dont have time for it now cause i got a hardly that im bobbing no joy rides unless i have cash in hand this bike is worth way more then im asking for it. no low ballers, might take some trade for things that go boom no scammers call after 5 wehn i git off werk my name is jeb dont call if your not sererios about buying. no email, i can sent more picture from my pohone."
                    So you're the one posting all those ads!
                    -Mal

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." - B. Banzai

78 GS750E

Comment

Originally posted by Eli69 View Post
                      my gixxerpunk kid took the t500 for a spin today with his gf. it is really a fun little bike.

next step is to try to get it legal. the title is from indiana and is not from the guy i actually bought it from.

great bike i would love to own 1 of them

Comment

thanks for the selling hints guys. i'll have to work on my spelling though. i had to quit school after 12th grade and always forget to spell in proper craigslistese.

the bike is officially still for sale. i really have had no craigslist calls at all. i set the price kind of high but i mostly wanted to see if there was any interest. i don't think this area is the place to get top dollar for an old collectable.

i did put a new headlight w/ bucket on. it's an emgo chrome unit, with h4 bulb. $50 on ebay. it still needs some work on the petcock. other than that it's great.

i've been riding it a bit but i have 4 bikes on the road and they all require my attention. they tend to fight over me. like dogs.

it runs great and i love riding it but i'm always afraid i'll mess something up and really want to sell it eventually for a profit. you know what i'm sayin.

i'll probably ride it to poags hole hillclimb on august 17th in dansville, ny. it's a huge bike event and i'll be putting a for sale sign on the bike while there.

Comment

well i sold the titan tonight. i rode it all summer and made a reasonable profit. i'll miss it, didn't even get a chance to give it a name. it's better off now. the guy that bought it seemed to know his stuff.

Comment

Working...
                          X