No announcement yet.

Another CB650 project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well carbs are off once again and in the dip. Hopefully they will come clean this time and the idle circuit will work. Bugger getting them off and on so I don't want to play that game anymore.

On a more positive note, I did get the tank painted today and it looks not half bad:

Tonight I started to layout the mask on one of the side panels for the checker board design. A fiddly little job, laying out squares and cutting them out of the mask film. tired tonight so I'll do that tomorrow and shoot the paint on them. If it looks ok I will create the same design on the tank sides. Then a shot of epoxy clear coat to finish.

As I have mentioned, I used to paint in 2 part but setting up the gun, cleaning etc. is such a pain. Now I paint in spray can and with 2 part clear in a can now available it makes life a whole lot easier. Cheaper too. $6 for a can of colour and $22 for the clear.

I'll show you the sides when done.
    Attached Files

Comment

Well, as mentioned, the carbs were again dipped and once again more crud was cleaned out:

So I am hopeful this is from the idle circuit passages and the carbs are now totally clean. Of all the many sets of carbs I've had the pleasure (ha,ha) of cleaning these are surely the worst.

Well I will get them back together and on to the bike again and see if they function properly now. I sure hope so as I don't want to do this again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X