Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BK ...25 more days... How the hell do you guys do this???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Jedz123;2151400]I think it had a couple of things not going for it... I mean it has this touring setup on it, which is really... well I'll say it, Fugly...

The mileage also might have something to do with it... It has 19K on the clock(which is the highest I've seen on the market), Will need new brake pads soon. they've been totally honest when they talked to me over the phone... Miles are irrelevant to me for I know these motors go well over 100K miles with no issues. Brakes will cost me less then $100 to fix.

Also some minor scuffing on the front wheel fender, No breaks But it has been scuffed. All I've got on why on the price...

It also has been on the lot since late March of last year. Never sold all through last season, I've actually kept my eye on this B-king and 2 others in my range all through last season when I was contemplating and started saving for either a B-king and V-max. This one was listed for $7800 in June, Then $7000 in August, $6500 In September then $5900 in December... I called and offered $5500 Mid January and I locked it in.

Trev you would have been proud of me, I ACTUALLY LOOKED AT A K BIKE!

2013 was the last year it was available in the states and this was the one a buddy of mine had for sale. This one is fully fared with BMW hard case luggage. Only has 2300 miles! He traded his 08 Hayabusa for it for he was looking for a more tour friendly yet fast machine. We talked he wanted more then I was budgeted to spend, I thought about it and didn't want to finance it out... He wanted $13K, The highest I wanted to go was $10K... We obviously never made an agreement but I did work with him for a few days over it... Awesome bike... I considered it because of you actually and how much you love your K...

The shaft drive is another aspect that appealed to me for I ride allot and chain service (especially on a powerful bike) is frickn' taxing and expensive.

Won't try to out accelerate you, I think we would be both well gunned .[/QUOTE

Yes, I think we both have our hands full!
    No signature

Comment

...21 more days...
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
        I think it had a couple of things not going for it... I mean it has this touring setup on it, which is really... well I'll say it, Fugly...

i like the LED strips mounted in the front indicators. I had thought about doing that on mine for added visability but never got around to it.
        2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
        2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Hayabuser View Post
          i like the LED strips mounted in the front indicators. I had thought about doing that on mine for added visability but never got around to it.
          It's a nice accent for sure. The bike has allot of little touches like that all over it. The stainless steel lines are going to be very nice and will be timeless to wear. Because of its rarity I'll likely never sell this one.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

...21 more days...
            Just for you. Thought it might be handy.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Oh I can do the math... It's painful... I did my taxes and had friends over... We just start talking about the machine. Both of whom ride FZ6's.
              Oh well I made this ticker... Should update on it's own:

My big boss(GM of all Retail Dining for Middleubry College) came up to me yesterday and said, so your getting a B-king huh? I haven't talked to him about it I go, ya how'd you know? He laughed for apparently I had circled the 21st in all the calenders around the unit with big bold letters in the center reading: J OFF, B-KING PICKUP. I did it so my scheduling manager would remember to schedule me off, which he did. He tends to forget people put in requests.

I had a dream I was hugging it last night. One of those real dreams.
              Honestly when I do see it I will likely hug it.
              Last edited by Jedz123; 02-01-2015, 02:06 PM.
              Jedz Moto
              1980 Suzuki GS1000G
              1988 Honda GL1500-6
              2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Oh I can do the math... It's painful... I did my taxes and had friends over... We just start talking about the machine. Both of whom ride FZ6's.
                Oh well I made this ticker... Should update on it's own:

My big boss(GM of all Retail Dining for Middleubry College) came up to me yesterday and said, so your getting a B-king huh? I haven't talked to him about it I go, ya how'd you know? He laughed for apparently I had circled the 21st in all the calenders around the unit with big bold letters in the center reading: J OFF, B-KING PICKUP. I did it so my scheduling manager would remember to schedule me off, which he did. He tends to forget people put in requests.

I had a dream I was hugging it last night. One of those real dreams.
                Honestly when I do see it I will likely hug it.
                One does not hug a B-King... one bows down in front of it and begs for one's life.
                2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

One does not hug a B-King... one bows down in front of it and begs for one's life.
                  LOL Got it Dave.
                  Right now it purely exist as an image in my head. Once I make it tangible and feel the brutality in the first person I will fully grasp the insanity I have beholden.
                  Jedz Moto
                  1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                  1988 Honda GL1500-6
                  2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

LOL Got it Dave.
                    Right now it purely exist as an image in my head. Once I make it tangible and feel the brutality in the first person I will fully grasp the insanity I have beholden.
                    Good! Its bite is worse than its bark, and it has a deafening bark!

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Mostly stock dyno run....

SuperBike Magazine's Suzuki B-King, tested with Yoshimura Tri-Cone cans, and Power Commander. Power is up from 163bhp to 175bh at the rear wheel...

Mmmmm.... blown.

SuperBike magazine's supercharged Suzuki B-King gets its first dyno run! Now making 262bhp at the tyre...
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

LOL Got it Dave.
                        What you mean you bought a bike without even test riding it?!?!? Who would do that???
                        No signature

Comment

Lol I trust my taste...
                          I bought and Loved these bikes and never test rode them:
                          81 GS750L
                          98 Bandit 1200(Winter purchase)
                          08 GSX650F
                          01 FZ1(Winter Purchase)
                          ... we will see if I Iove my GSX1300BK

It's winter here anyway you can't teat ride... Generally.

It's bite is worse then it's bark... Oh man.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Do they have roads in Vermont?

Comment

Lol I trust my taste...
                              I bought and Loved these bikes and never test rode them:
                              81 GS750L
                              98 Bandit 1200(Winter purchase)
                              08 GSX650F
                              01 FZ1(Winter Purchase)
                              ... we will see if I Iove my GSX1300BK

It's winter here anyway you can't teat ride... Generally.

It's bite is worse then it's bark... Oh man.
                              Just kiddin ya Justin, as I bought my BMW without even seeing on in the flesh let alone riding one. And it was a considerably bigger purchase price. When you know you know.
                              No signature

Comment

Mostly stock dyno run....

SuperBike Magazine's Suzuki B-King, tested with Yoshimura Tri-Cone cans, and Power Commander. Power is up from 163bhp to 175bh at the rear wheel...

Mmmmm.... blown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-5zKbQmEI
                                OMG. Why I decided to go down the Suzuki GSX1300 route was the crazy amount of aftermarket support. You really can't buy a bike that much faster off the floor, with the BK there is going to be options for serious upgrades, if I wanted to go down that route... Let's just see how I like it off the bat.
                                Jedz Moto
                                1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                                1988 Honda GL1500-6
                                2020 Honda Monkey Z125

Comment

Working...
                                X