For the Walking Dead fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the Walking Dead fans

Head behind the scenes to see how Daryl Dixon's motorcycle was designed—with the help of one of the top custom bike workshops in the USA, Classified Moto.

The new Darryl bike. I like the fat knobbies but the ride on the street must be harsh. Still is pretty cool.

I love the sound byte of that bike on the show. Unmistakable potato engine sound byte when it's obviously a Honda inline 4.
    Currently bikeless
    '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
    '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

I was trying to figure out what it was.
      I was thinking Kawi but Honda makes sense.
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Better pic of the head...

That engine doesn't look familiar to me... Is is a single? or a twin??? What the heck was his old bike???

I haven't watched the last few season. The prison season killed it for me and I lost all interest in it, haven't watched it since.

Good idea for the Fizzy which is purposed for similar duty. I like the look!!!

LOL Crafty, where did they source those parts in that post apocalyptic world??
        Last edited by Jedz123; 04-04-2015, 03:58 PM.
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

The first are either BSA or Triumph
          1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
          1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I like that part in the movie Apollo 13 when the engineers say We need to make this (pipe) fit this (hole), and all we have is [this box of stuff]. Go."

Daryl's bike is lovely, but I want it to be cobbled together in the apocalypse, not in a well-funded TV producer's set...
            "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

That is a Triumph engine.

Comment

Working...
              X