No announcement yet.

Jedz got a shafty... Well I'm getting a Shafty tomorrow.,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next time I'm in the neighborhood or vise versa I'll be more then happy to let you give it a go!!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Next time I'm in the neighborhood or vise versa I'll be more then happy to let you give it a go!!
      Sounds good. I'm sure over the years it's been refined and better balanced. Don't get me wrong I took my old Connie for a few longer trips and it was a good sport bike that did 100mph on the NY Thruway effortlessly but around town and moving it in the garage was another issue.

Comment

Those older Connies are still damned good sport-tourers.
        "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
        ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
        1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
          Sounds good. I'm sure over the years it's been refined and better balanced. Don't get me wrong I took my old Connie for a few longer trips and it was a good sport bike that did 100mph on the NY Thruway effortlessly but around town and moving it in the garage was another issue.
          I had an 86 Connie for a little bit and it was top heavy... I dropped it when someone cut me off in heavy traffic... The sound of air brakes was the last sound I heard after I hit the ground. Look behind to see a garbage trucks bumper inches from the rear of the bike. Sold it real fast after that. Shame for it was a great long distance runner. But full tank of gas and going through town... Ugh forget about it!

This one is completely different, in every way minus having a shaft drive and the same name. Handles more like a common sport bike then it's top heavy "Grandpa". The Torque is always abudent and so smooth, thanks to the VVT system. Im really enjoying it. 1k miles on it so far and no complaints. It's heavy, but not much heavier then the BK. And it's well ballenced and once moving seems to loose it's weight real fast. ABS is also awesome, bike stops real fast in a controlled manner.

Maybe I'll see you at the Green Mountain rally this year Steve? Shan and I have been talking about taking you up on that offer, have to try out those wines . I think she's going to tag at least 1 night this year for the rally. Hope to see you soon regardless.

Ride safe my friend.
          Jedz Moto
          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
          1988 Honda GL1500-6
          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
          Originally posted by Hayabuser
          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
            Yeah I know, I'm sure I'm a "disappointment" to some. I was so excited about the bike but the 3K miles in 10 days was so rough, I don't ever want to ride on a bike like that again BUT I WANT TO RIDE THAT LONG AGAIN!... The pain in my back and derriere still are very fresh in my mind and oddly come right back after a quick 50 mile jaunt now, Phantom pains???... I look at the bike and think, I really don't want to go for a ride, then I hop on the FZ1. I can't have a bike like that in the stable. Especially one I invested a good chunk of change to be my daily ride and long distance runner.
            I'm a bit disillusioned myself however I feel I'm going to get a bigger bang out of my buck with a more comfortable, long distance sport touring machine, especially one that my SO and I can both really enjoy together. Not be in pain together... The BK passenger seat is a torture device, 70 miles was our range before she hurt so bad we had to go home. We can ride hundreds of miles on the FZ1.
            Well, HP is nice, farkles and bling are nice, being the latest and greatest with the biggest whistles is nice and everyone loves talking and bragging points, but when all is said and done, none of that is worth anything if you can't ride it. My definition of being able to ride it is being able to sit on it ten hours a day or 500 miles on consecutive days and not ache.
            My CBR929 was like the BKing, good for 30 minutes or 30 miles, whichever came first and then it was time to put it back in the garage because if I rode it longer than that, I would not be walking around the next day.

Congrats on the Connie. I think we have arrived at the same conclusion. My only range limitation with the B12 is how long I can stay awake.
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I'm working with metalworker to create higher clip-ons for my 1150. I hated the stock bars, and I want adjustability, so the Telefix bars will be the basis.
              "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
              ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
              1982 CB900f

Comment

Working...
              X