Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestions for a good handling vintage styled dirtbike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
    Beautiful motorcycles Cwoods! I love motocross bikes from the 70's-80s! KTM "Kan't Tame the Mother"👍
    Thank you! The old Ktms aren't friendly on the wallet as a restore project and parts are a real chore to source at times but what a bike. The 540 I completed in 09' and it sits in warm storage with 2 hours on it, not even full broken in and everything new on it....even professionally worked suspension. It's a shame but the rode was long and expensive on it. Its was dubbed as Torque Master by dirt bike magazine back in the day for good reason, it effortlessly gets you to warp speed in a way you don't realize until it's time to slow for a corner...then you find yourself thinking "when did I twist that hard on the throttle?"
    The 495 I couldn't help myself, I rode it a bit this summer. The reputation the bike has being of an over quadratic design and the cult following nickname of the "Great White" I just had to see what the hype was about after I was finished reworking everything on that bike I bought in a non running state.That bike along with the Lectron on it is pure evil and find myself giggling as its violently lifting the front in the air and power whipping the ass end from side to side trying to buck you off. Quite a ride!
    Attached Files
    -1981 Suzuki GS1100E
    -1975 Honda CB400 Super Sport
    -1981 Vespa P200E
    -1990 Ktm 540 dxc
    -1982 Ktm 495
    -1981 Ktm 495
    -1989 Atk 406
    -1987 Cr 500R
    -1982 Yz 125

Comment

Working...