No announcement yet.

EVO Sportster dragbike .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bronze shifting forks were heavily worn -nearly all the way thru. I'm replacing the whole cassette as a total unit -- hope it gets here today. clutch , gaskets, battery , going all out to get it going and test gearing before the mama tried bike show - flat out Friday 1/16 mile indoor concrete flattrack race - on Dr. Pepper syrup!! google the underlined - you'll find the web pages

making my flattrack daybeuuw lol

on the real note do you think 4 speed is better than 5 for drag racing? - I am getting mixed responses also would like to avoid destroying stuff to find out.
    SUZUKI , There is no substitute

Comment

I went to the 5 spd bottom end for a few reasons:

they used better gear material and solved breakage problems

the 4 spd has a very tall 1st gear and close ratio gears
      so you really have to slip the clutch when leaving
      the 5 spd has a lower 1st gear

the 4 spd has the alternator rotor behind the clutch
      as the spline and related parts wear the magnets in
      the rotor contact the stator and get destroyed
      its a common and pricey fix

also a better selection of modern cams

Comment

Originally posted by trippivot View Post
        bronze shifting forks were heavily worn -nearly all the way thru. I'm replacing the whole cassette as a total unit -- hope it gets here today. clutch , gaskets, battery , going all out to get it going and test gearing before the mama tried bike show - flat out Friday 1/16 mile indoor concrete flattrack race - on Dr. Pepper syrup!! google the underlined - you'll find the web pages

making my flattrack daybeuuw lol

on the real note do you think 4 speed is better than 5 for drag racing? - I am getting mixed responses also would like to avoid destroying stuff to find out.
        Tripp, are you in the Hooligan or Goofball/Inappropriate class. haha.
        Looks like a fun event. http://mamatriedshow.com/show/
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Yes thats the One. I was goi ng to run my scooter but big wheels and small wheels cant be on track same time ama rules
          I have to wear a costume and going to zip tie led s to me and plug in. Electric horseman
          Waiting to get approval from promoter our shop has 6 guys in different classes.

Comment

horrible picture but it is ready for the hooligan race.

20160218_114355.jpg had to make a tool for the clutch - trans went in very nicely - very inexpensive - xr 750 unit
            keihin carb 45/180 jetting - spectro primary - spectro 10w40 -spectro dot5 - dekka 20L battery - sunnoco standard - dpr7ea ngk plugs 14/46 gearing -- all ready for mama tried flat out Friday - shifts (reverse pattern) like a dream

boy you should hear it when she gets close to 10K lol! ok 7

might look into a double front head to mimic a xr -- mean ass 883.

btw- I did something wrong because it does not leak has not even seeped from base or rocker ? my gs's all do geesh!
            Last edited by trippivot; 02-19-2016, 09:35 AM. Reason: i wrote tries not tried

Comment

rockers in action - just in case you like to see what is going on in there

Comment

Working...
              X