• Show
Clear All

Just put something SPECIAL in my garage

Have always liked these and this one was too easy to buy,,,,
    So now Im looking at forward controls and rear shock lay backs,,,,LOL
    Someone here has said "Your never to old to have a happy childhood"
    I'm just a wrinkled up kid!
    Fred

Good deal it still has the rear foot pegs. Your girlfriend will really enjoy the "ride".

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Awesome Fred!!
      Btw...were those flames on the bike when you bought it or after you took it for a "test" ride?? Lol...
      No signature

Comment

Nice looking bike Fred! I've always liked those and was looking for one when I bought my GS450.

[/URL]

Met this fellow last year while riding the ferry back from our lunch spot in your neighborhood. Friendly Irishmen.
        sigpic
        83 GS1100g
        2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Had one too. Called it the 2 mile nuts number the vibrations. literally made them tingle after a little riding. Guys love them for doing choppers out of. You were wise to go with the GS.
          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Thanks guys! Will be married 43 years this week ,, doubt I'll get her on the back of this thing!,, lol
            Trev, it hasn't been ridden in 3 years,,, the flames were there but I did ride it,, 2 kms no insurance!
            Hey Charlie, looks like that guy really does have crash bars!
            Chuck,, good vibrations?
            Really bought it to sell it to pay for my GS insurance next year
            Fred

Comment

Dont know about "good" vibrations, but they do have a way of shaking. The bobber and chopper guys also like them because the engines looks remind them of the Nortons.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                Dont know about "good" vibrations, but they do have a way of shaking. The bobber and chopper guys also like them because the engines looks remind them of the Nortons.
                I say you should get out the sawzall and grinder and turn it into something like this! More your style anyway, Fred.

IBA# 12860
                Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                1984 KZ1100R
                2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                2011 Concours 1400

Comment

That's too nice to butcher up.

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
                    That's too nice to butcher up.
                    Yes it is quite nice, 19000 k on the clock, looks like it might be close to correct.
                    I can really appreciate the what the guys are doing to these bikes but that really isn't me.
                    I like to ride Far-n-Fast and take everything but the kitchen sink with me,,, plus I'll wrench them to make'em run but
                    not much into choppin or bobbin.
                    Fred

Comment

Hey Fred, thought you might enjoy seeing this little beauty that was parked a pub Glenn and I had lunch at the other day.

No signature

Comment

Working...
                      X