Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I've been working on long enough for my account to be deleted...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I've been working on long enough for my account to be deleted...

Picked up a Roketa GK13 a few years ago. After some basic work I had this:

These are 250cc buggies with a footprint real similar to the first 800cc Polaris RZR's, but a bit lower to the ground and you only get to drive two wheels. They're not really "kid" buggies but they're also not too exciting for your typical adult. They have virtually not suspension travel from the factory and, of course, the 18hp engine is less than inspiring. So I put a VFR800 engine in it.

(wow those are huge...I'll resize and edit them in later)

After cramming 105hp in it and building a custom suspension that gets me 10" of travel all around the thing is a complete hoot. Absurd acceleration. Fed it all through the stock Roketa transmission, too, so I now have 6 gears front and back.

This is a brief run prior to the suspension (I actually have a vid after the suspensionw as changed but the kids are with me so I didn't open it up much):

Fifth gen VFR800 powered Roketa GK13 test run with the new 22t secondary input (down from a 16t, which dropped the overall drive ratio 28%).My apologies to m...

I'm actually looking to sell the thing now to build another one around either a GS1150 or a Bandit 1200. I think I'm going to really miss the V4 rumble, though.

God I'd love to go for a dig in that.
    What Honda should've originally done with the Odyssey!
    Suzuki GS550; Kawasaki H-1E, GPz900; Honda MT250, CB400F, CB550, GL500, CBR929.

Comment

I'd say it's for sale but it's probably a bit much to smuggle across the border!

They were going the right way with the FL400 I think, but the unfortunate truth is these things were just never very popular.

Comment

Working...
      X