My Freddie Spencer Tribute Superbike build in Motorcycle.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Freddie Spencer Tribute Superbike build in Motorcycle.com

This got posted today, a recent build I did for a customer in Victoria BC. Check it out!

The moment John Burns first saw photos of this db Customs Honda CB1100F Spencer tribute, he knew he had to learn more about it.

Nice article and extremely nice work! I read this over on the 1100F forums. Congratulations!

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
    Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

Very nice, congrats!
      1978 GS1000E
      1980 GS1000S (Wes Cooley Replica)
      1981 GS1100E
      1982 GS1100E
      1982 GS1000SZ
      1983 GS1100ED
      1983 GS1100ESD
      1978 Honda CB750K
      1981 Honda CB900F

Comment

The owner, Mike brought it to my vintage Japanese meet a few weeks ago...cool guy. Said he was flying to Freddie's house with the tank for it to be signed...now that's cool!
        Anyway I have a video of him running it...I will post it soon.
        The bike IS awesome!
        Cheers,
        Trevor
        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by dbCustoms View Post
          This got posted today, a recent build I did for a customer in Victoria BC. Check it out!

http://www.motorcycle.com/features/d...r-tribute.html
          Absolutely gorgeous build. Do you happen to have any high res images of the bike? I'd love use it as a background for my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            The owner, Mike brought it to my vintage Japanese meet a few weeks ago...cool guy. Said he was flying to Freddie's house with the tank for it to be signed...now that's cool!
            Anyway I have a video of him running it...I will post it soon.
            The bike IS awesome!
            Cheers,
            Trevor
            Ya, I made contact with Freddie through a contact of mine who is a well known superbike collector. Fred has some US trips this winter (he lives in the UK) and has agreed to make arrangements to meet up with Mark and sign the tank. Mark wanted me to go with him, but, it I told him it is his special day to meet with him and I didn't want to take anything away from that. Would love to see the video Trevor!

Comment

Working...
            X