My Suzuki two stroke addiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rzv

Here is the bike at the importers after she received it from the seller this week.
    Not any specific pictures of the welds....but this one gives an idea anyway.
    She deals with a lot of cool bikes in Japan....or brings bikes from here to Japan now also....like the the CBX

When i get the bike I will post better ones..

Last edited by Guest; 12-30-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by busa1300 View Post
      Heres my other 72 GT.

The Cafe GT750 project.....well.....it has a way to go yet.

Foxy Fox Factories ya got there! My favorite shock to date that I've ran on my GS750!
      '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
      '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
      '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
      '79 GS425stock
      PROJECTS:
      '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
      '77 GS550 740cc major mods
      '77 GS400 489cc racer build
      '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
      '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

I bolted my other set onto my black 78 GS1000, but have never had a chance to ride it yet....
        Both sets are in need of a rebuild I believe.....but they do have that period correct look I love for an old skool project

Comment

I bolted my other set onto my black 78 GS1000, but have never had a chance to ride it yet....
          Both sets are in need of a rebuild I believe.....but they do have that period correct look I love for an old skool project
          If there is any doubt, always pull the things off and set them aside until you can rebuild them, because if all of the oil leaks out over the years, the main cylinder and piston will get totally ruined.

If you've got any springs or valving shims or jets for those and want to sell them, I'm looking to buy some. Also looking to buy another set of those Fox shocks
          '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
          '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
          '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
          '79 GS425stock
          PROJECTS:
          '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
          '77 GS550 740cc major mods
          '77 GS400 489cc racer build
          '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
          '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

I bought some rebuild parts from Fox about 10 years ago for them, and I still have an extra set of different rate springs still in original box.
            The better pair I got was from a guy in California who was racing a GS1000 in WERA events in the very early 80's
            I also bought his magnesium EPM wheels, Kosman 13 inch rotors and Lockheed calipers....
            Thinking about it now, I should have bought the frame and swing arm too....as they were done like the Yoshimura bikes in the AMA....
            I only had so much $$$$ so I bought what I could afford.

As hard as this stuf was to find back then.....I'd hate to try and find/pay for these parts now....
            But I'm always on the look out too for more spares
            Attached Files

Comment

Here is the bike at the importers after she received it from the seller this week.
              Not any specific pictures of the welds....but this one gives an idea anyway.
              She deals with a lot of cool bikes in Japan....or brings bikes from here to Japan now also....like the the CBX

When i get the bike I will post better ones..

Man that thing is beautiful. BTW how long have you had the Kawi H2 and what is it like to ride?
              1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
              Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Those pictures were taken in Japan, where my RZV is sitting at the moment. The H2 is probably a bike that was brought into Japan to sell to a client in Japan.....although looking closer at it, it appears that is has a set of Japanese sourced cast wheels, and some home market pipes also.

Comment

I presume this RZV will be broken down and crated for separate shipping of components?

I kick my butt cause 20 years back I had just bought a used car that was of interest to me and that night I found an RG500 locally for similar money that I just spent. Oh if I had not just spent a bunch I would have that now. Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Colt View Post
                    I kick my butt ........ Oh well.
                    Looking back is never healthy. Oh the stories.....
                    1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
                    1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
                    1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
                    Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

This bike is broken down a bit to get into a crate, but the engine is in the frame still.
                      Any bike/car over 25 years old is exempt from DOT/EPA regulations....as long as you can prove the age of the vehicle.
                      So there is no need to ship engine separate, and go around the legal system with the RZV.

Last time to see the sunlight until mid February now....

Comment

I had not paid attention to what year this bike was, I got thinking about that last night after I posted the question. I have brought cars over as well as newer ones through CDN which has it's loopholes.
                        Nice that this will be straight forward for you such that you may well be riding this soon as the warmth comes back.

Comment

Not Suzuki related, but.....In my garage after buying in Japan 3 months ago....

Comment

Now that is a great looking shop!
                            I didn't know the RZV also has a kickstart.
                            Just curious, are the Japanese spec bikes in kph or mph?
                            2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Thanks....the new place is slowly getting there....
                              Yes, kick start only....save weight where you can I guess.
                              All home market Japanese bikes had 180 speedometers....all bikes....government regulation

IMG_1277.jpg

Comment

Sweet addition and I am sure you are glad it's arrived.

Comment

Working...
                                X