No announcement yet.

My Suzuki two stroke addiction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was getting worried as it was to arrive in Chicago on the 16th. but it wasn't finally available to be shipped to my house until the 26th
    I was emailing every day asking where it was and when I could get it.....shipper was giving me different answers and reasons everyday....
    .....I was kinda freaking out until i pulled into my driveway and saw a truck with a crate sitting behind it....unscheduled... but in one piece

Comment

Comment

Music...... I got my 70cc two stroke scooter running today as well. While all two strokes sound cool, your new bike is just pure coolness.
        Congratulations and enjoy!
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Thanks
          If it ain't smokin, it's broken...

Comment

I love the sound of my 2-stroke trail bikes winding up through the low RPM range and then hitting the Power Band! It's like utilitarian tractor torque transforming into a high-power missile! Of course those bikes having much more broad torque range than a peaky road racer... but still have a noticeable surge in the upper end, which is the really awesome thing about a 2 stroke dirt bike or trail bike at least, incredible power to weight ratio, the enduro trail bike engines have decent low-end, but they all have that explosive top and that makes a 2-stroke so killer (i.e. fun fun fun!!!) in combination with their light weight!

I was toying around with the idea of getting a GT250-X7 in a year or two as a another project bik . That has the GS mag wheels, but it is a very short wheel base very lightweight bike, a cosmetically refined version of the 1970-ish original T250/ GT250 looks, revises stylings with a tank like the GS450S or the GS250 TSCC, the cafe racer knee dent highly desirable sporty-looking tank. At the same time though, I'm not sure what to expect from the performance of one of these bikes. I hear they are very squirrely if you get anywhere near that time, they are such a short wheel base! Basically like a GS 400 / 450, but with a single down tube frame and substantially lighter than the 4-stroke bigger twins. I think with the GS 425 all out full bore performance bill that I am doing, the GT 250 X7 might be more of a novelty in comparison. Performance-wise. I'm still really curious about them though. I could always have the chamber dome reshaped from 2strokeheads.com, and a custom exhaust made. I can't remember who makes them, but they are readily available. Could have someone port the cylinder, but that's not my area of expertise...

The 77 PE250 trail bike I'm building is going to be an awesome vintage trail ripper... 2 stroke only, for me in the woods! Which also piqued my interest in two stroke street bikes... the RD 400 really seems like the best match for my performance & cosmetic tastes, but then again, I always enjoy trying to squeeze the absolute most performance out of the smaller bikes... So perhaps headwork and cylinder porting on a GT 250 x 7, plus aftermarket exhaust, might be an interesting challenge! Slightly longer swingarm, and some frame bracing, add GS500 forks with some cosmetic alterations to de- tab them and polish them like GS forks, Race Tech internals, GS twin pot brake upgrade using basically the GS500 break with the Honda floating rotor... and I would have to ditch those skinny 18 inch mag wheels in favor of some wire spoke GS Wheels. Probably a GS550 drum brake rear, or I believe I have a GS 250 rear drum hub. Standard GS front disc hub . 3.00 x 18 rear rim, 2.15 x.18 front rim. 130/70-18 rear, 100/80-18 front Battlax BT45V Battlax's... that would be an AWESOME hot little vintage racer bike... add a Giuliari GT250X7 seat if the one I saw is still available... that would be very pleasing to me and still have enough performance to satisfy my aggressive riding needs...
            Hipsters would be drooling over it nonstop though... "Cool Café Racer!"
            Last edited by Chuck78; 03-06-2018, 10:52 PM.
            '77 GS750 920cc heavily modded
            '97 Kawasaki KDX220R rugged terrain ripper!
            '99 Kawasaki KDX220R​ rebuild in progress
            '79 GS425stock
            PROJECTS:
            '77 Suzuki PE250 woods racer
            '77 GS550 740cc major mods
            '77 GS400 489cc racer build
            '76 Rickman CR1000 GS1000/1100
            '78 GS1000C/1100

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                Congrats, Randy.
                Doing a bit of reading it says the engine was slightly detuned for the Japanese market.
                Is that easily solved or is that considered sacrilegious for such a rare model?

Some pics of the frame welding when you get it would be great.
                Just finished soda blasting the frame....

Comment

So that's what a hand welded aluminum frame looks like. Very nice.
                  I have a Cal-fab swingarm for a CBX that is not as nice as that.
                  2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Interesting info about the Suzuki X7.

Hadn’t heard of the Practical Sportsbikes magazine. Went looking and their website has another X7 article:
                    Welcome to Motorcycle News. Find the latest motorbike news, expert bike reviews, motorcycling advice and much more

Comment

Higgspeed makes a SS exhaust for the X7. http://www.higgspeed.com/-SUZUKI-X7-250-PIPES

Comment

Look in the May 2018 Practical Sportsbikes magazine...

Comment

Nice, very nice

Comment

Is that X7 a USA model?

Comment

Back in the late 70s I had a 73 gt 250 which I fashioned into a cafe racer with that eras technology. Home ported,polished, higher compression pistons,Bassani chambers and pods on the original rejetted carbs. Bike ran 16.08 at 70 bone stock and 15.30 at 88 after the work. I could run heads up with the R5s and RD350s of the day. When new,unmodified in 73 I rode it from Charleston AFB South Carolina to Orlando Florida to Disney World. Cruised along at 60 or so and for such a small bike was very comfortable. Down there and back in June of 73 with a sleeping bag and some clothes. Great fun.

Comment

Dyno run to get baseline facts, and A/F ratio readings
                                made a little over 60HP at 12000

dyno calculations.jpg
                                Last edited by Guest; 06-20-2018, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X