No announcement yet.

Wicked Wing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found this one with a GS750/1100E tank on it. Guess what I still have two of? If I can get the one with the Webbers, I can use it in place of the fake tank and air box and remove the underseat tank for a cleaner look in some of the other pics.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Wouldn’t that look even better with the Dark Wing seat I have for sale?

Comment

Originally posted by jabcb View Post
        Wouldn’t that look even better with the Dark Wing seat I have for sale?
        https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...Dark-Wing-seat
        Cool, I couldn't remember who had that offered, I checked out the manufactures site. If I get it the bike, I'll take a better look at it. It's between me and another guy from Naples. I upped the offer to $100 over asking, so maybe that will work in my favor. I really can't go higher than that, so hopefully he can't either.

I just looked at the website again and they have a Darkwing 2 for the 80-83 1100. Do you know what the difference is?
        Last edited by gsrick; 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Well this may be a dead thread for now. I missed out on the Weber wing.
          The guy offered more cash and I was on the other side of the state.
          Probably for the best. I still want to do a wing, but I might wait till after I get my shop going.
          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Those War Bird bikes...
            I want to know: what happens if you forget, and try to move toward the rear of the seat, like most dirtbikers are known to do? I can't imagine what your... um... bluejeans will look like when you come to a stop 100 yards later.
            1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
            1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
            1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
            Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Well I've ridden a couple of bobbers that came into the shop I work at and I can tell you, it's a very uncomfortable feeling when you hit a bump and knowing what awaits your azz if you slip off. Maybe their 3rd and 4th bikes were a reconsideration on that as they are tilted forward to compensate for that miscalculation.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Man, that is a bunch of really, really ugly Goldwings. Holy crap. I have a '77 and they can be pretty in the right hands, but those...
                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Originally posted by nvr2old View Post
                  Man, that is a bunch of really, really ugly Goldwings. Holy crap. I have a '77 and they can be pretty in the right hands, but those...
                  It's all in the eye of the beholder. I'm not a fan of the War Birds, but I don't think the rest are ugly.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Somebody should study the value of fenders.

Comment

Sorry Rick, but most of those bikes you posted are butt ugly. And dangerous. And almost certain to be seriously uncomfortable.
                      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Just looked and the 78 has been sold also. Looks like my future wing is off in the future. Hell I've got too many bikes anyway.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                          Sorry Rick, but most of those bikes you posted are butt ugly. And dangerous. And almost certain to be seriously uncomfortable.
                          Most of what I posted are show bikes and probably never hit the asphalt, but then here in Florida, as long as you have a clear title it almost anything goes.
                          I just posted bikes that I thought were interesting and took what most think are land barges and created something different. Not everything I posted are to my liking, but they may have had a cool touch in a certain area. Do you really think these are ugly?

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I think of it like the same I think of most "modern art"...
                            lots of skills I'll never have, were required to spend a ridiculous amount of time, creating something that really speaks to people... but not to me. That dirt bike made my wife ask "why are you cursing at your computer?"
                            1980 GS1000G - The Beast - GOING... GOING... yup, it's gone. I'm bikeless !!! GAaaahh !!!
                            1978 KZ1000C1 Police - GONE !
                            1983 GPZ750, aka ZX750A1 - restored, fresh paint... Gave it back, it was a loaner !!!
                            Check My Albums for some of the 30+ headaches I've dealt with

I know -JUST- enough to make me REALLY dangerous !

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                              Do you really think these are ugly?
                              Of that last batch, the last one is the best. Still leaves a bit to be desired, but is what I consider "the best".

sigpic
                              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                              Family Portrait
                              Siblings and Spouses
                              Mom's first ride
                              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Not that this is the most beautiful first gen Goldwing ever, but this is what I thought a nicely modified one could look like. Keeping all the great lines that Honda gave it, but making it a bit more Super Sport retro with a mid 30's Ford headlight and a Honda Mini Trail head light made into a tail light. Almost every piece of chrome blacked out. This is such a fun bike to ride, too..just the way Honda intended.

Goldwing-left-b by Larry Pearson, on Flickr

Goldwing-rt.-b by Larry Pearson, on Flickr
                                1979 GS1000S,

1982 Honda CX500 Turbo, 1982 Honda MB5 w/CR80 motor, 1977 Honda "nekid" Goldwing, 1976 Honda CB550F cafe', 1972 Honda XL250 cafe'

Comment

Working...
                                X