I really need another project sitting around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really need another project sitting around

I have several bikes I've not been getting things done on. My buddy's 73 RD is in the garage, a runner that needs finished. A 77 Wing I was given for working on said RD is now a runner, but needs some serious wiring I've been putting off. My son's XS650 chopper that lost ignition is still waiting for me. There is an Amen framed 750 Honda automatic chopper on the back side of the garage that needs considerable work. And now my nephew wants me to try and restart a 2002 Honda 750 Shadow that is a very nice, 11k bike that an old man has left sit for half a decade. Swell. Problem is I'm getting a bit lazy, I need to stop letting these strays come home.

You have come to the wrong place with a posting like this, Wymple.
    Nothing here but a bunch of enablers.
    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by wymple View Post
      I have several bikes I've not been getting things done on. My buddy's 73 RD is in the garage, a runner that needs finished. A 77 Wing I was given for working on said RD is now a runner, but needs some serious wiring I've been putting off. My son's XS650 chopper that lost ignition is still waiting for me. There is an Amen framed 750 Honda automatic chopper on the back side of the garage that needs considerable work. And now my nephew wants me to try and restart a 2002 Honda 750 Shadow that is a very nice, 11k bike that an old man has left sit for half a decade. Swell. Problem is I'm getting a bit lazy, I need to stop letting these strays come home.
      Sounds like you're a bit overwhelmed, kind of like those folks on that "Hoarders" show. You really should get a fresh start by cleaning everything out, if you send your address I'll gladly come by with a trailer and take them away for you.
      1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
      1982 GS450txz (former bike)
      LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

I'm running into the same problem, with cars, boats, motorcycles, bicycles, and even houses now, sitting unused. I need a lifestyle change.

Everything you own owns a part of you. Their needs can wheigh on a person, and sometimes when you show up where the stuff is, you either invest your time into it, or you feel a bit guilty that you did not put the time into it.

That is how it is with me now, anyway. And it all continues to deteriorate, without a laying on of the hands.
        sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Turns out it's a 14K bike, been sitting for 7 years. Tank looked good, oil looked ok. Put a battery in + gas, some WD-40 in the cylinders, and with the choke on it fired right up. No sticky floats or nothing. Acted cold blooded, was getting pretty smooth and I shut it down to service the coolant and put in new oil. After I see how it is on the road I'll decide if the carbs are ok and if it's charging. All the wiring looks new and everything else electrical works He's looking pretty lucky at the moment.

Comment

Working...
          X