1997 GSXR 650 carbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1997 GSXR 650 carbs

A friend of mine who was amazed I have "such an old bike running in good condition" asked me to get his old bike running after sitting 3 or 4 years.
    As far as I can tell it has a electric fuel pump but has a 4pack of carbs similar to the GS bikes. How much similar or different are these to the Mikuni carbs that are on the GS? I havent had much chance to tear into it yet but id like to have it road ready by the end of the year.

Probably easier to work on, tune and find parts for. Hopefully the airbox hasn't been tossed!!!!
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

I dont think it has, it looks complete as far as I can tell. The bike has a bunch of K&N stickers on the fairings and looks like it was used as a track bike at some point. mirrors removed, turn signals in a box with the mirrors.

Comment

I had a 97 gsxr 600. They are easy enough to work on. Certainly easier to access than a GS. They petcock is vacuum operated so make sure that functions correctly (they are rebuildable).
        Last edited by simmoto; 09-04-2018, 08:48 PM.

Comment

How did you find a 650cc GSXR?
          "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
          1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
          1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
          1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Working...
          X