Clear All

From lurker to newbie - 2nd startup

Hej...
    by having got a clues �� i continue my Story about
    my last project right here now.
    Puzzling the correct timeline for my pics of restoration
    will need some time.
    Greetz Tammo
    Last edited by Guest; 12-11-2018, 05:52 AM.

Greetz Tammo ,I am also new to the forum and I was lurking .welcome to the site.kind regards Thunderpipipes.

Comment

Hej...thank you for welcome. I've been in that forum in the 2016. But having much to do i can't get the drive to make posts. Should be made the next weeks😆
      Sorry...my english is not as good as it should be. I hope you are able to understand 😊 especially grammar maybe "terrific"-. Btw: faversham in GB ?
      Greetz Tammo

Comment

Hej ...
        i loaded up some pics to a pic-service for forums.
        will try to load up here .
        starting with the original status and some pics after dismantled the guzzi
        as butchers like ...

And some pipes.... looking like door to hell .
        should become noisy when working again ..

Each of the cylinders keeps about 29 cu.in ... think, it's enough for roaring

Ok ... next time more
        Good evening , friends in the spirit of srewing

Tammo
        Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2018, 05:07 AM.

Comment

Hej again ,
          I just got some time . So i will post some more pics from my path of restoration .
          The italian girl has two gorgeus cylinders. My idea was to emphazise these.
          So i got first an old suzuki tank ... but it was to narrow. At the end of search i found
          an old one from a moto guzzi V50 or so.
          That's the solution, typical guzzi formed but narrower and shorter than the original
          1000SP -tank about two inches each direction.
          Had to draw out bumps and kill the oxids , also had to be primed and painted.

The yellow and brown foam is working phosphoric acid. It kills rust and covers the metal with a layer of
          Inactiving the surface of steel. No rust the next 25 years...... hope so��

Primed and painted

Ok, next more

Greetz friends

Tammo

Last edited by Guest; 12-12-2018, 05:05 AM.

Comment

When that bike was new, I came very close to buying one like it. As a stock bike, it fit me extremely well. My brother talked me into keeping the bike I had. It was light metallic blue, with flat black in the horizontal panels on the side of the fairing.

Do you have the Krauser bags for that rack that you want to get rid of maybe?
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Hej 850combat ,
              thnx for the response . i´m sorry but i sold the bags and the holder month ago. Because of the restoration swallowed money like a dark hole
              So i sold everything which was not needed.

After strapping everything except motor and frame i restarted the rebuilding. especially the harness was a catastrophe. I decided to build a new one

the battle of wires

another step was to pimp the ventilation of the motor housing . the likes to spread oil by running the machine hard .
              so i decided to build a new one. I copied an expensive part and built new paths and extra connections .
              And yes... there is no oil anywhere out of the places it should be ....strike

I will load up more pics from the vent .Must be searched ...

That is done enough today ....

Have a nice time and ciao

Tammo
              Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

hej and good evening from here,
                some more pictures from the ventilation-system of the moto guzzi.
                the valve of return stopping the oilfog is set in the upper line before floating in the box.
                in the original position it blocks the back streaming oil and transports like a pump the oil to
                the end of ventilation ....in worst case to rear wheel...

the outflowing steam (of oil ) comes out of the blue coloured hole , flows through the system and out of the red filter as gas only .
                on this way the steam of oil becomes cold and condenses - oil flows back by the t-adapted line in the crankcase.

the ventilation of the cylinder heads has the same function too , but in the upper front of the pipe below the filter.

ok ... my timestamp calls ... should be done in the moment .
                next more....

and to 850combat :
                to run a guzzi is an adventure you have to learn to enjoy .... but it is worth inspite of technical gremlins and probs !!

Greetz at all
                Tammo
                Last edited by Guest; 12-27-2018, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Hej again , wish you all had nice holidays during Xmas time .....

some new steps of restoration will set in pictures ...

the volume of the moto guzzi crankcase seems sometimes to small , also the change of the filter in the oil circuit isn`t a pleasure.
                  You have to dismantle the oil pan for changing the oil filter cartridge .
                  Some helpful solutions were born , but they all solved some problems and produces others.
                  A swiss company ended the numbers of compromise solutions .
                  It increases the volume and set the filter cartridge outside the oil pan ... but below the motor within the surface of the oil pan and
                  protected against damage by particles from street . see pics below...

Only the original oilstrainer doesn`t fit exact to the new pan. So i built a new one .
                  First a sceleton of alloy grid which ........

i wrapped with a sieve made of stainless steel ....

The new one is twice as high as the original . There should be no problems
                  with congested oil strainer . the mesh wide is 500 micrometer... means about 0,0197 inch.
                  Seems like the original wide , but now the strainer is almost like undestructible in contrast to the plastic one in original.

The new pan looks like one from the same mould

Ok friends that`s all today ... i would like to take care of my family ...

Ciao
                  Tammo
                  Last edited by Guest; 12-27-2018, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X