Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You probably know I am Goldwing addicted - You can be too -- Look Inside ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You probably know I am Goldwing addicted - You can be too -- Look Inside ;)

SOLD --SOLD--SOLD--SOLD --SOLD

New-to-me INVENTORY --

I ran into this beauty in a garage of a deceased mans girlfriend and bought it from the estate
    2008 GL1800 Titanium Gray (primer)
    59,000 miles and a tow hitch installed
    It needs fork seals , a new battery , and the seat bolts are stuck hard (I broke my T-handle ball end off trying to get the seat off)
    Once this is sorted out in Spring -- FOR SALE --
    Anyone looking for a new to them Wing?

Last edited by Wingsconsin; 05-24-2022, 02:32 PM.
    Currently in the Stable :
    2002 Honda Goldwing GL1800 Sunburst Pearl Orange
    1983 Suzuki GS850 GL Blue & Black

" I am never lost until I run out of fuel...until that moment I am EXPLORING."
    - Carl R. Munkwitz

Munk's Maxim: "There is no such thing as a cheap motorcycle"

With something as huge and cargo capable as a Goldwing, why would you need a trailer hitch?
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      With something as huge and cargo capable as a Goldwing, why would you need a trailer hitch?
      Because...this

Ryan

1979 GS850G - currently undergoing a major overhaul
      1986 GSX-R750 - I'm figuring it out

Comment

Those 6 cylinder Goldwings are so understressed they could tow two trailers.
        Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

And yet, ... like almost every other motorcycle manufacturer, they (Honda) recommend NOT pulling a trailer or attaching a sidecar.

The only manufacturer that I have seen that allows a trailer also sells the trailer. Can-Am Spyder.
          Limit of 400 pounds, but that's pretty reasonable.
          If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post
            And yet, ... like almost every other motorcycle manufacturer, they (Honda) recommend NOT pulling a trailer or attaching a sidecar.

The only manufacturer that I have seen that allows a trailer also sells the trailer. Can-Am Spyder.
            In an infamous case, Harley Davidson disallowed a warranty because the owner flew a flag off the back.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Although a flag is not all that heavy, there is a LOT of aerodynamic drag above about 15 mph.

Especially if it's one of the typical 3' x 5' flags that they fly around here.
              If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Comment

Man, if I wanted to camp, I'd think it would be more fun to pack my backpacking tent, air mattress, etc., on a KLR. I get why GLs are the cross-country kings, but the idea of towing a trailer with a motorcycle pretty much defeats the point of riding, IMO.
                "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                1982 CB900f

Comment

I'd never ride a Gold Wing.... I'm afraid I'd like it to much! 😉
                  My Motorcycles:
                  22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                  22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                  82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                  81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                  79 1000e (all original)
                  82 850g (all original)
                  80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I towed a UniGo with my GL1500 for 2 trips - It was a single wheeled inline tracking trailer and I never knew it was there - But I found out I was towing it nearly empty so I sold it

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
                    Those 6 cylinder Goldwings are so understressed they could tow two trailers.
                    Truth -

Originally posted by Who Dat? View Post

Liability disclaimer
                    If you look at the typical Goldwing couple riding 2-up they are well over the manufacturer load limits - but somehow these people travel hundreds and thousands of miles incident free

Man, if I wanted to camp, I'd think it would be more fun to pack my backpacking tent, air mattress, etc., on a KLR. I get why GLs are the cross-country kings, but the idea of towing a trailer with a motorcycle pretty much defeats the point of riding, IMO.
                    The GL1800 (Goldwing 1500 and up) are absolutely the way to cover BIG miles - 800 per day each day for weeks without discomfort - I have so many 750+ mile days on my Goldwing I have lost count
                    I DO KNOW that I am more comfortable on my Goldwing than in a car for a long day of travel

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                    I'd never ride a Gold Wing.... I'm afraid I'd like it to much! 
                    THIS is the reason I have not test ridden a new 2018+ Goldwing - the GL1833

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Do NOT show this thread to my wife...I have her convinced 1-up is the only way to go
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Wingsconsin View Post

New-to-me INVENTORY --

I ran into this beauty in a garage of a deceased mans girlfriend and bought it from the estate
                        2008 GL1800 Titanium Gray (primer)
                        59,000 miles and a tow hitch installed
                        It needs fork seals , a new battery , and the seat bolts are stuck hard (I broke my T-handle ball end off trying to get the seat off)
                        Once this is sorted out in Spring -- FOR SALE --
                        Anyone looking for a new to them Wing?

Nice looking bike! There's a chance I'll be in the market for one this spring, will depend on how much time the wife wants to spent riding. I've never wanted a Wing for myself, but I know she'd be happier on one. How much do you think you'll be asking?

On the Allen wrench, never use a ball end to loosen a tight bolt!!
                        '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                          Nice looking bike! There's a chance I'll be in the market for one this spring, will depend on how much time the wife wants to spent riding. I've never wanted a Wing for myself, but I know she'd be happier on one. How much do you think you'll be asking?

On the Allen wrench, never use a ball end to loosen a tight bolt!!
                          I was not clearly thinking and it was the only tool I had along to try to get the seat off -
                          On MY Wing I can easily remove those seat bolts with the ball end wrench
                          - but I suspect a dealership mechanic decided to ZIP them in with their air gun at like 400 lbs ...

Lesson learned on that one

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Wings -

The fact that you know you're addicted indicates you're not too far gone to be helped. But let's dig a little deeper. What is it, specifically, that makes riding a Goldwing wrong?

Is it the liquid cooling, the radiator? Well, partly, but if we let it go at that, we're still avoiding the issue. I pray that one day you'll wake up and say, "I've done it enough. I don't need shaft drives in my life anymore."

Good luck.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
                              Wings -

The fact that you know you're addicted indicates you're not too far gone to be helped. But let's dig a little deeper. What is it, specifically, that makes riding a Goldwing wrong?

Is it the liquid cooling, the radiator? Well, partly, but if we let it go at that, we're still avoiding the issue. I pray that one day you'll wake up and say, "I've done it enough. I don't need shaft drives in my life anymore."

Good luck.
                              Shaft Drives -- I have only EVER had a motorcycle with a shaft drive -
                              Why do chains ? Messy - Noisy - wear part -

Once you ride a Goldwing -- you will know --

But I love my GS850 GL *shaft again

- Carl R. Munkwitz

Comment

Working...
                              X