Trade???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade???

I have a 79 Yamaha xs750 Special with almost 16k on it. Tank is clean, runs very well. I'm looking for a trade for a GS 850 G. I've owned two of them and really liked them. If anyone is interested, I live just south of Murfreesboro, TN. I can send more photos through email
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Hey Bob, wife and me made our first trip to Miller's, over in Christiana last Wed., really enjoyed our lunch, and a nice trip if we go through Beech Grove and Bradyville. (I hate Murfreesboro) if you'd have only known, you could have bought lunch for us... Sorry, I don't know of any 850's around here. I had a new 1000G back in "80", wish I had it back, same as 850G just a little extra hp.... Good luck, hope you find something.
    1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

Ok thanks for getting back to me. The boro is just getting way to crowded!!

Comment

I must disagree, "Just getting way too crowded"??? My opinion you're way off, "already got way too crowded a long time ago.
        1983 GS1100E, 1983 CB1100F, 1991 GSX1100G, 1996 Kaw. ZL600 Eliminator, 1999 Bandit 1200S, 2005 Bandit 1200S, 2000 Kaw. ZRX 1100

Comment

You're absolutely right!!

Comment

You guys don't know what crowded is. Come to LA and try driving across town at 5pm, and then you will learn what crowded is!
            Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
              You guys don't know what crowded is. Come to LA and try driving across town at 5pm, and then you will learn what crowded is!
              Lol.....Nothing like grabbing your car at LAX, typing in a destination 9 miles away and having your ETA 75 minutes!

Comment

Vmass, you’ll appreciate this. Late 90s, early 2000s, I lived in a Winthrop, worked in the Longwood Medical area on the far side of Boston. The drive from my house, past Logan, East Boston, through the Sumner/Callahan Tunnel, up on to the Expressway, back off the Expressway, past the Boston Garden/then Fleet Center, onto Storrow Drive, off near Kenmore, past Fenway Park, then a few blocks down Brookline ave to Longwood. 9 miles or so, total. Usually took me 1+ hrs in the morning. 1.5 plus going home in the evening. The Big Dig sucked for me. I doubt it’s any better now. Don’t miss driving there, at all. Haven’t been back for about 8 or 9 years. Do want to come visit some friends, maybe this summer. Will be interesting to see how things have changed.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I moved from So Calif to NE Ohio in 1994, for a work assignment. At first, I couldn't understand why none of the four way light intersections didn't have a left turn lane...then I realized that even if someone was holding up traffic trying to turn left, there were only four cars or so to wait for.
                  Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

I'd completely agree, really crowded in LA. I delivered a truck to downtown LA, back in "79", unloaded my "78" GS1000 and rode it home. Great trip. Murfreesboro is nothing like that. "BUT", Murfreesboro has grown from 32K in "80" to 165K today, if I figured it right, that's up 415%. LA in "80" had 9.5M folks and today 12.5 M, looks like 31%, Just imagine how crowded LA would be if it had grown 415%"... Like we said, Way too crowded".... Something to remember Progress and growth isn't always good...

Comment

Back to the point. The 750 Yammi is a triple, correct? Shaft or chain? Kind of a rare bird. Now the Yamaha vertical twin (650), those were EVERYWHERE back in the day! Then they started coming out in variations, Ls, Specials, whatever.

Very ubiquitous in the '70's and '80's. Ask your grandpa.
                      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Yam is a shaftie, three cylinders in line, runs really great. Sometimes tough to start if its been sitting a few days. Other than that, no problems. You're right about being a rare bird, I haven't see another one around here. That being said, I just love the GS 850 G's and that might be The only bike I would trade for.
                        Back to the previous comments of crowd, I come from LI, NY, have you ever heard of the LIE, the Long Island Expressway. Bumper to bumper from Suffolk County, they Nassau County, they Queens County to NYC. Truly sucks!!!

Comment

!st post says Yamaha 750 "Special", It'd be about the same as the Suzuki "L" model

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Shaw View Post
                            ...have you ever heard of the LIE, the Long Island Expressway. Bumper to bumper from Suffolk County, they Nassau County, they Queens County to NYC. Truly sucks!!!
                            Heard of it? I used to live it every day. Northeast Queens to lower Manhattan (Wall St.) Monday through Friday. Sometimes by express bus, sometimes by Z1 or Camaro (with HEAVY clutch pedal).

Madness!

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I had a '79 as a dealer bike when I worked at a Yamaha dealership. Not a back roads machine, but that bike had a lot of torque. On I-95 in Connecticut, cruising at 115 mph(indicated) was easy. I used to flog that bike, and it took everything I could toss at it. It was a standard model. I haven't seen one of those since I stopped working for the dealership. I used to put flat bars on the people who had the "L" models, sometimes 4" risers. The bike felt much more responsive to the input.
                              Those bikes have a middle gear case that gets full of Hypoid gear oil, as does the XS1100s. A lot of people just drained the oil out, not realizing that the middle gear case would seize up, and the repair made the bike not worth it. I think that's why they disappeared. The engines were solid enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X