Rough Spot/Growl, Very Low Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rough Spot/Growl, Very Low Speed

Time for another post since the Other section's a little slow...

('97 Kaw ZX-11)

I have noticed a brief roughness manifesting sometimes when slowing just before stopped. Doesn't always happen I don't think, but can happen even in Neutral if I'm not mistaken.

Then a day or two ago, I launched from a light a little harder than normal and what I take to be that same thing gave a sort of a growl through a small RPM or speed range. It wasn't right off the bat when starting, but very shortly after. I almost felt like if I'd used more gas it wouldn't have happened, but totally not sure about that.

I felt it mildly today when turning 90 degrees in 2nd gear.

I'm thinking somebody is gonna know right what that is... I really don't know, but it seems like it could be trouble...

Add'l:

I've got nearly 1200 miles on it since I got it in Dec, and noticed it very early on, so it's not something that just cropped up; but the growl from the other day on takeoff was new. It's not an engine roughness, but something drivetrain I'm almost certain.
    Last edited by JMHJ; 03-12-2023, 02:53 PM. Reason: More info.

Yeah, it's all good. I'm gonna ride this (how do I say "bad boy" without saying that?) for what it's worth, and hope for the best. Maybe it is an engine thing, since PO mentioned something about them having a 3k (can't remember for sure where) lean spot, that the flo commander was supposed to help. Anyway, not going to let it worry me...

Comment

Just a little update here, since it's pretty slow in this category. I hit 3,000 miles this weekend since I bought this (a little over 6mos ago). My son and I were out for a ride to a scenic area, but a bolt came out of the front (headlight/fairing section) on his GSX-R600, and by the time we stopped and got a fix in for that, we just decided to go eat and meander back home through the countryside. It was a nice time.

I posted something in another thread about it didn't want to start with choke when the weather was the least bit warm. I found out I just need to work the external idle speed adjuster and everything's good. Never had one of those. Increase it a bit cold before start, then back it off after it warms up.

Still having some little things go wrong, but overall not too much trouble lately. 78,000miles +

Comment

Pics, please?

1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
        X