Wassup with z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wassup with z1

I guess this qualifies as an OTHER question. I been trying to call Z1 to get some info on some bars and possibly place an order. So i call and it rings 2 times then silence. Do they no longer take phone calls? I assume they are still in business.
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Don't EVEN get me started on Z1!

About mid February I made an order for some parts including some valve shims, cam caps and a valve cover gasket. With me traveling the shipping and billing address are different which hasn't been an issue with them until now.

So the parts order gets shipped to my billing address (Which is actually at my bank due to not having a permanent address) instead of where I was (A general delivery at a post office in the everglades) OK, honest mistake.

We figure out what happened via email and I tell them "I'm on the road and will be heading about 200 miles further north this weekend, can I just stop by (Tampa) and just pick it up there?" They answer "You can have your order shipped to this address and we'll reimburse the shipping when you pick it up" So I reply "Cool, let's do that"

So I show up at Z1, an unmarked door at a warehouse in an industrial park. Inside is a group of millennial aged kids who seemed shocked that an actual customer showed up. We go over what we discussed via email and the final answer was "We got it back and sent it to the address you gave us the first time"

So again I wait for the package to be returned and the answer this time is "We don't know what happened" Crap, by then it had been about three weeks since I ordered the parts! OK, I need to get those shims swapped and the cam caps are leaking to the point where the right leg on my jeans is quite obviously stained. So I say "Look, I really need the shims, a valve cover gasket and a pair of cam caps, can I just pick them up? We can sort out refunding the package when it shows up" After being put on hold they answer "We don't usually deal with people in person but if you want you can come by" Heck, I was just there in person a week earlier and they act like they never heard of me.

So I finally get my parts and the oil leak is taken care of. Here I sit as of today and I'm STILL waiting to get the refund on the original order! Heck, it's getting close to two months now that they've been sitting on my money. It seems that every time I email them some dolt that has no idea of who they're hearing from answers back with some kinda pre-packaged "canned" type answer despite including the thread of no less than 15 emails we've exchanged since this fiasco began.

I've never had an issue with Z1 before this happened but now that I've dealt with them in person they won't be getting any more of my money. I highly doubt anyone there actually rides a motorcycle nor give a flying rats a$$ about serving a traveling old biker, it's nothing more than a group of stupid kids with some web and marketing background who could care less about the actual people they're selling to.
    1980 Yamaha XS1100G (Current bike)
    1982 GS450txz (former bike)
    LONG list of previous bikes not listed here.

These aren't my words, I just arrange them

Comment

Z1 no longer belong to Jeff (a forum member) as I understand it... He sold it to MikesXS. With that said I never used to have a problem with them either, ordered a few times from them. I guess either the whole thing got sold again or perhaps the ownership is aging out & the inmates are now running the show.
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Or they don't know how to use their phone system.
        1983 GS 550 LD
        2009 BMW K1300s

Comment

Just got word back "We know we had a problem with the phone system for about a week and a half" I forwarded a copy of Chucks post with the date to them and a note "You might want to make sure of that'

Comment

Post any response if they say the phone is working or not.
            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
              Post any response if they say the phone is working or not.
              This just came through

Thanks for sharing that.
              Yes, sir, our phone system was literally fixed a day after that (Wednesday).

Comment

FINALLY I got a refunded! Z1 had worked well for me before and as long as you use the website and never have to deal with actual HUMANS it will probably serve you well too, just hope things go off without a hitch because if they don't...

Comment

Working...
                X