X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's officially in my garage

No signature

Comment

Very nice. Good it doesn't have the underseat exhaust.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oil and filter change and new brake pads and bleed. And this week it goes into my bmw/triumph dealer for a recall notice and while there I'm going to piggy back on the labour and have them do a valve check and coolant flush....how can someone allow their brake fluid to get this bad??

It's not as comfy as my vfr....lol

No signature

Comment

Good call on having the dealer do the valve check if you can afford to. Just finished doing my tiger. Let me tell ya, it was a much bigger chore than I imagined it could be, just to even get to the cam cover. Had to buy some special tools, some I could improvise. In the end, I’m glad I did it, cause I wanted to learn how and I did save a lot of money. But it really tried my patience and skill as a shade tree mechanic.
          Rich
          1982 GS 750TZ
          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Good call on having the dealer do the valve check if you can afford to. Just finished doing my tiger. Let me tell ya, it was a much bigger chore than I imagined it could be, just to even get to the cam cover. Had to buy some special tools, some I could improvise. In the end, I’m glad I did it, cause I wanted to learn how and I did save a lot of money. But it really tried my patience and skill as a shade tree mechanic.
            Well last month I did the valve check on my VFR with a buddy and that was a big chore and over $2000 if the dealer did it....the Triumph I'm looking at a grand.
            Not sure if I'm doing to even keep the bike....lol
            No signature

Comment

Yeah, dealer quoted $900 plus parts. I haven’t tallied it all up yet but figure I spent about $320 on the service kit (spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, gaskets, misc. hardware), shims, and oil. Not including a few special tools I needed. About 12 hours of my time, not including a lot of time watching videos. I figure next time, if there is one, I could do it in probably half the time.
              Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 03-19-2024, 08:20 AM.
              Rich
              1982 GS 750TZ
              2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
              Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                Yeah, dealer quoted $900 plus parts. I haven’t tallied it all up yet but figure I spent about $320 on the service kit (spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, gaskets, misc. hardware), shims, and oil. Not including a few special tools I needed. About 12 hours of my time, not including a lot of time watching videos. I figure next time, if there is one, I could do it in probably have the time.
                Well at least you have the satisfaction having done the work yourself....which is always great. Even though the VFR was a big job...yes many videos too...it was quite satisfying
                No signature

Comment

Working...
                X