No announcement yet.

Are V-Rods a pariah?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Warrior as modified by Pacific Coast Star is a badass machine.
    "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
    ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
    1982 CB900f

Comment

Originally posted by GS1150Pilot View Post
      The Warrior as modified by Pacific Coast Star is a badass machine.
      The best bike Yamaha ever built for the public since the YSR50
      My stable
      84 GSX1100EFG-10.62 @ 125 mph 64'' W/B.
      85 GS1150-9.72@146mph stock W/B.
      88 GSXR1100-dragbike 9.18@139.92mph/5.68@118mph.
      98 Bandit 1200-9.38@146mph/6.02@121mph.
      90 Suzuki GS 1425cc FBG Pro Stock chassis 5.42@124mph
      06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph
      00 Honda elite 80 pit bike

Comment

If you guys think that Warrior is "bada$$" in any configuration, you'd $hit your drawers after riding a V-MAX. If you haven't, you need to ride one and see what the fuss is all about, and then join the force.
        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          If you guys think that Warrior is "bada$$" in any configuration, you'd $hit your drawers after riding a V-MAX. If you haven't, you need to ride one and see what the fuss is all about, and then join the force.
          If you think the Vmax is quick and and fast the you need to ride my 98 Bandit it will pull your arms out of their sockets
          The Vmax is a over priced joke. 1679cc and only 175hp. The average rider can't even get in the 10's. I can get well over 200 hp from 1425cc from a 1985 GS1150 and not spend 1/2 of what a Vmax cost 20G's that's just nuts I have maybe 7G's in my 98 Bandit and my 85 1150 would tear it up also heck my stock motor 84 GSX1100 would give it a good run
          My stable
          06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
            If you think the Vmax is quick and and fast the you need to ride my 98 Bandit it will pull your arms out of their sockets
            The Vmax is a over priced joke. 1679cc and only 175hp. The average rider can't even get in the 10's. I can get well over 200 hp from 1425cc from a 1985 GS1150 and not spend 1/2 of what a Vmax cost 20G's that's just nuts I have maybe 7G's in my 98 Bandit and my 85 1150 would tear it up also heck my stock motor 84 GSX1100 would give it a good run
            Really? That's where this thread is going now, my bike is faster than your bike? Seriously? I have a B-King, which IS faster than the 2nd generation VMAX, capable of high 9's in the quarter mile without too many mods. It's also about HALF THE PRICE, so yea, I agree with the 2nd generation VMAX being overpriced, which is the only reason I haven't bought one. Soon as I find one for 10K or less, I'll add it to my collection, I have ridden a few of them and they are impressive bikes, if not as "all out fast" as my B-King. That being said, I'm sure your Bandit is a fast bike too. Most drag races are actually determined by the riders anyway!
            Current stable:

Comment

Really? That's where this thread is going now, my bike is faster than your bike? Seriously? I have a B-King, which IS faster than the 2nd generation VMAX, capable of high 9's in the quarter mile without too many mods. It's also about HALF THE PRICE, so yea, I agree with the 2nd generation VMAX being overpriced, which is the only reason I haven't bought one. Soon as I find one for 10K or less, I'll add it to my collection, I have ridden a few of them and they are impressive bikes, if not as "all out fast" as my B-King. That being said, I'm sure your Bandit is a fast bike too. Most drag races are actually determined by the riders anyway!
              I never notice your sig. I guess you do have some nice bikes. If you like the Vmax that fine just do try to convince me it a great bike it will always be a pig to me.
              And yea my bike is quicker than yours. I just might not be
              My stable
              06 GSXR750 10.44@135mph

Comment

If I haven't what? $hit my drawers? I'll pass. I'll stick with my HD.

Comment

Originally posted by FLHGSRay View Post
                  If I haven't what? $hit my drawers? I'll pass. I'll stick with my HD.
                  Good choice, you're obviously happy with crap.
                  Current stable:

Comment

Originally posted by stetracer View Post
                    I will own a Harley someday when I find one that is a 1959 Sportster that I can restore the only year I would own
                    '59 Sportster - nice.

I'm a little more liberal than you. I would own a '60's also. Or the XR-750. (Or XR-1200.)

Very few of the bigger Harley's appeal to me.
                    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

This one would give the new VMax fits.

Our heart is racing in a matter of milliseconds when we hop aboard the Patrick Racing Yamaha Warrior.
                      "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
                      ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
                      1982 CB900f

Comment

What am I missing here, you think these kind of numbers will touch a new VMAX? Not even close! The new VMAX is running low to mid 10's in stock form, upper 9's with a few mods, same as the B-King. This is what that heavily modified "Warrior" was running? Not even in the same leaugue!!!!

"During my debriefing, I learn that my time was 11.809 seconds at 126.54 mph, fast enough to rank third among the journalists, yet missing first by 0.26 seconds (an eternity in drag racing). Like a newly minted junkie sniffing around for my next dose after the proverbial, "Sure kid, the first one's on me," I discover that Yamaha is developing a Speed Star performance kit for the Warrior. Priced somewhere around $5000, the kit will give Warrior owners over 100 hp at the rear wheel. Although this is good news for Warrior owners, I got more excited when I learned that Yamaha wanted to lure some journalists to another drag strip to sample the Speed Star package in a few months. Could be trouble...Jamie better be out of town."
                        Current stable:

Comment

Originally posted by Allie View Post
                          Does that mean you'll ride the pink 'Babooshka Bear Bike' in the other thread?
                          Not likely. But I guess if I had to I would.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                            Doesn't do much for me, but I guess If its what ya want, its what ya want.

Never been much of a form over function guy.
                            It functions fine. As odd as it may sound all the buttons work, all the lights work, everything does what it's supposed to do. I guess I got a defective one. I suppose I could sell it and buy a bunch of cheap plastic bikes and sink a bunch of money into them to make them go fast.
                            Then I can be the coolest kid on the playground.
                            sigpic

82 GS850
                            78 GS1000
                            04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                            .................________-|___\____
                            ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by brownford View Post
                              I can't believe I compimented the looks of a cafe racer. At least it doesn't have the cheesy ironing-board-with-a-lump-in-the-back seat on it.
                              An XR750 isn't a Cafe Racer, its a racer. It is a dirt track racer at that. There has never been a street version of it manufactured and sold by Harley Davidson. Harley Davidson did race that motor in road races too, in the 70's with some success. I like them, but they are not and have never been road machines. They look great, but all dirt track racers pretty much look great.

Norton, Triumph, Yamaha, Honda, etc.
                              sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

What am I missing here, you think these kind of numbers will touch a new VMAX? Not even close! The new VMAX is running low to mid 10's in stock form, upper 9's with a few mods, same as the B-King. This is what that heavily modified "Warrior" was running? Not even in the same leaugue!!!!
                                Yeah, that's a little messed up. I've raced against lightly modified HD Street Glides for Christ sake that blow those numbers away. Doesn't make sense. And can you imagine what $5k worth of work would do for a VMax?
                                Currently bikeless
                                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Working...
                                X