ZRX 1200 question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpaul View Post
    I think the reason the ZRX doesn't hold it's value as well as some of the other standards of the same era is its' retro styling. While the retro styling attacts a certain group of riders, it is a turn-off for many others. The ones who want the retro look in a modern motorcycle for the most part have them, or have had them and moved on to other cycles.
    As good a reason as any to why ZRXs are so cheap.

And like the GS series, I'm glad they are inexpensive.

My GS1100e and ZRX may be separated by two decades but still have very similar purposes. Both styled a bit odd but mostly honest motorcycles with a minimum of fuss and excellent performance.

Both enormous bang for the buck.

Comment

I sold my 06 FZ1 a while back. It was a great bike performance-wise. Quick, light, reliable and good looking. If you didn't have money wrapped into creature comforts(like a good seat) I found it hard to stand for more than 3 hours of highway riding. The seat sucked out loud. I think I have all the info I need about the ZRX. Thanks to all that responded. Glad to hear that the ZRX doesn't suffer some weird quirk. It's very similar to the style of the gs1100e of the early 80's.
      It is not who is right, but what is right, that is of importance. - Thomas Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by isleoman
        Poor delusional FZ1 Gen II Owners. Gen 1 was bike of the year for multiple years, I have 118K on one of mine and it still is going very strong. Gen 1 riding position is very close to GS.

Mr. Whelan's is nice too, I guess......................

Not many bikes that hold their values now days, even Harleys have taken a major hit. By the way that isn't a bad thing if you want to own many and you plan to buy and hold. Now if the states would just pass a law that allows you to have a single plate that you can move from bike to bike (like a dealer plate) and only have to insure your most expensive machine, life would be cheap and easy.
        Could not agree more on the plate issue, Gen II's rule Mr Isleoman...

Comment

I have tried the ZRX1200 and could not get comfortable on it. The seat kept me from moving around, and the foot pegs felt too far forward for their height to me. I wanted to like it. My neighbor was selling it cheap.
          sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

I had a 1999 ZRX1100 for a short spell, it just seemed "boring" to me. Did alot of things well, but nothing really great. It just didn't have any "soul". A bikes gotta get you excited every time you ride it, at least that's how I feel about them. There was just no "wow" factor. Probably why they are becoming so cheap anymore, I regularly see them around 2K.
            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
              I had a 1999 ZRX1100 for a short spell, it just seemed "boring" to me. Did alot of things well, but nothing really great. It just didn't have any "soul". A bikes gotta get you excited every time you ride it, at least that's how I feel about them. There was just no "wow" factor. Probably why they are becoming so cheap anymore, I regularly see them around 2K.
              Couldn't agree more, they are kind of a big heavy spare IMO.

Comment

Working...
              X