• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jethro View Post
    You've never met Earl, have you?
    Vewy fwunny Jeffo!
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I would like to bring back this thread to see how them PR2's and Road attacks are wearing. I'm in need of replacing my tires. They are Metzler 06 I have about 10, 000 miles on them. The rear is flat in the center with a good "edge" on the sides. The front is wearing with little bubble like bumps on the sides. This is from the BMW RS. I do a lot of highway riding with this bike. But I do like to hit the back roads also. So I'm on the fence with either the PR2's or staying with the Metzlers. They are the same price with in two dollars. I haven't heard much about the Metzlers. Has anyone tried them?
      My Motorcycles:
      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
      79 1000e (all original)
      82 850g (all original)
      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

I put a set of PR3's on my RT in March and now have a little over 7k on them. Great traction and hope to have around 5k more left before swapping them for another set.

Comment

I just now went to the garage to check my odometer. I'm running a set of PR-2s on the Bandit and they are at 14,969 miles so far. It is looking like maybe another 1000 miles will be it for the rear. The front is still pretty decent. I've been doing some tire comparisons and The Pirelli Angel GT has been tested against (in particular) the PR-2 and it recorded better mileage and improved handling in the rain over the PR-2. My next set of tires will be Angel GT's.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Earl,

I had a set of Pirelli Angels on my RT before the Michelin's, got 14k plus before I swapped them out for the new set and still had some left. Hope I do as well with the PR3's, I think the PR3's handle better on my RT though.

Cheers

Comment

The continentals were awesome- still are for the 3k/km I have put on them. However they are flat spotted from my Oregon return and have also developed and odd wear patern- pics to follow tomorrow.
              I opted for the Bridgestone 023, because 1 I am cheap about all the wrong things and 2 they have great reviews. They're waiting to be mounted.

Comment

Oh wow. 14k miles! Ill never get that, I have no finese.

Comment

Originally posted by bbjumper View Post
                  Earl,

I had a set of Pirelli Angels on my RT before the Michelin's, got 14k plus before I swapped them out for the new set and still had some left. Hope I do as well with the PR3's, I think the PR3's handle better on my RT though.

Cheers
                  The Angel GT's have tested to show a 30% mileage increase over the previous Angel.

Comment

I'm currently running the Pirelli Angel GT's on both the Shiver and FJR. They are wearing well on both bikes and they handle nicely. My favorite tires for the FJR as far as handling are Dunlop RoadSmart 2's but the front wears badly on the FJR. It is a reasonably heavy bike and I usually ride it two-up fully loaded. The Michelin Pilot Road 2's wore better but didn't handle as well, in my opinion. AVon Azaros and Storms were very good handling tires but didnt wear very well. I am lucky to get 5500 miles from a rear on the FJR and always change both tires at the same time. Another way to go is to run a harder rear and softer front. I ran a Pilot Road 2 on the rear of my VFR with a Pilot 2CT front which was a nice combination. A lot of FJR guys like the Pilot Road 2 rear and Avon Azaro front.

Thanks,
                    Joe
                    IBA# 24077
                    '15 BMW R1200GS Adventure
                    '07 Triumph Tiger 1050 ABS
                    '08 Yamaha WR250R

"Krusty's inner circle is a completely unorganized group of grumpy individuals uninterested in niceties like factual information. Our main purpose, in an unorganized fashion, is to do little more than engage in anecdotal stories and idle chit-chat while providing little or no actual useful information. And, of course, ride a lot and have tons of fun.....in a Krusty manner."

Comment

Thanks guys for all you input and Joe for you excellent review. I think I'm going with the Michelin Pilot Road 2's I don't think I can go wrong with them. Good handling, good wear, a decent price ($278) for the set. Thanks again Norm
                      My Motorcycles:
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Nardy View Post
                        I'm currently running the Pirelli Angel GT's on both the Shiver and FJR. They are wearing well on both bikes and they handle nicely. My favorite tires for the FJR as far as handling are Dunlop RoadSmart 2's but the front wears badly on the FJR. It is a reasonably heavy bike and I usually ride it two-up fully loaded. The Michelin Pilot Road 2's wore better but didn't handle as well, in my opinion. AVon Azaros and Storms were very good handling tires but didnt wear very well. I am lucky to get 5500 miles from a rear on the FJR and always change both tires at the same time. Another way to go is to run a harder rear and softer front. I ran a Pilot Road 2 on the rear of my VFR with a Pilot 2CT front which was a nice combination. A lot of FJR guys like the Pilot Road 2 rear and Avon Azaro front.

Thanks,
                        Joe
                        I went from Continental Road Attacks to PR-2's on the B12. The Conti's definitely handle better than the PR-2's, but I only get 6k miles on the Conti's vs 15k on the PR-2's.

Comment

I just read a review on the new Michelin Pilot Road 4's A little more expensive ($318-332 for a set) than the PR2/PR3 They say better wet traction and handling and 20% more tire life. Also a different tread design that eliminates cupping. I have 5000 miles on my PR2's they seem to be wearing okay. I'm hoping to get another 4-5000 out of them. I'll probably go to the PR4's next. However that won't be till around June or July...
                          My Motorcycles:
                          79 1000e (all original)
                          82 850g (all original)

Comment

Dunlop Roadsmart 2's are the winner for me. Have them on my 00 VFR 800, 9k miles on the front 7k on the rear and still a TONNE of life left. Tonnes of grip in the wet regardless how wet it is. Did a tonne of highway mileage fully loaded with 3 givi hard bags, too.

Comment

Just ordered a set of conti motions for $130 shipped from leatherup.com. Was going to go with the Shinko's but at that price I could not resist. The tires on the RF900 are from 04 so the conti's should be fine for my needs.

Comment

I just took off a set of Pirelli Angel GT's on the Bandit. They were advertised at giving 30% more mileage than Michelen PR2's. That wasn't true for me. I only got 4800 miles out of the Angel before cords were showing.

Comment

Working...
                                X