Tires - Sport Touring Radials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
    I just took off a set of Pirelli Angel GT's on the Bandit. They were advertised at giving 30% more mileage than Michelen PR2's. That wasn't true for me. I only got 4800 miles out of the Angel before cords were showing.
    Thanks for the tire information. I have Michelin PR2'S on the BMW with 7,000 miles on them so far. I'm thinking I can get another two-three thousand more out of them... Now that is mostly highway miles by the way.
    My Motorcycles:
    22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
    22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
    82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
    81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
    79 1000e (all original)
    82 850g (all original)
    80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
      Just ordered a set of conti motions for $130 shipped from leatherup.com. Was going to go with the Shinko's but at that price I could not resist. The tires on the RF900 are from 04 so the conti's should be fine for my needs.
      love the RF, was yours a project when you got it?

Comment

love the RF, was yours a project when you got it?
        Most definitely. Blown transmission, dropped numerous times, lots of missing parts. The motor has been completely rebuilt, transmission replaced, most of the missing parts replaced. There are some pictures of it in my signature. I was going to repair all the plastics and repaint it but found out I am losing my job in June so the restoration will have to wait. The bike runs well so I am just going to put some new tires on it and run it the way it is. This is my first sport touring bike so I am looking forward to riding it. Still need to get tags and insurance for it.

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
          Thanks for the tire information. I have Michelin PR2'S on the BMW with 7,000 miles on them so far. I'm thinking I can get another two-three thousand more out of them... Now that is mostly highway miles by the way.
          I got 15K miles out of a set of PR2's on the B12.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
          X