No announcement yet.

1983 KZ1000R (Eddie Lawson Replica) - $30000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suzuki never sold a Wes Cooley Replica. They sold a GS1000S. The GS1000S is a styling exercise. In the US, the GS1000S offered not a whit of performance increase over the standard GS1000. I never heard them called a Wes Cooley Replica until after the Eddie Lawson Replica was introduced.

An Eddie Lawson Replica should be worth more than a GS1000S.
    sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

This is more in my price range

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
        Here in GS land we get thread after thread lambasting bikes like pristine GS1100's selling for $4000. Too much money they say. You could get a modern bike for less others say. Ect, etc. It's no wonder GS's ain't worth crap. We are a bunch of bottom feeders here. Kawasaki KZ's on the other hand are pulling down good money. Makes performing restorations worth the effort and cash. I love these old GS's, but they truly are on the bottom of the motorcycle food chain. Strange that, considering they are technically speaking, some of the best bikes of the era. Oh well.
        Been advocating this exact thinking for awhile, we as a collective group on this board dictate the values of our own machines and consequently drive the values down nationally if not internationally whether we want to admit it or not.

Comment

The 1000r that sold on eBay recently was a low serial number first year (1982) true to life Eddie Lawson Replica. This bike is the less desireable 1983 Superbike Replica. Still a nice bike, don't get me wrong. I would be glad to make a spot in the garage for it.

Comment

Working...
          X