No announcement yet.

0% financing for 5 years on new Suzukis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couldn't afford the bike if I had a car payment. Payments for anything suck the joy out of most things.

Just my opinion.

Comment

New?

Personally, nothing I would want from the Suzuki place. Especially with any payments. My '07 GSXR1K was the First and LAST New bike I will ever own. Paid for it outright. Too bad Suzuki doesn't make the SV anymore. Have no use for a 525 pound "Adventure" bike. It's easier to pick up an Aprilia. And I too, suspect that Suzuki may not make it in two or three years as well. Honestly, I don't think they are competitive anymore. I only need them for parts. Honda has the CBR1000RR which is more interesting. Why Suzuki never made a Naked GSXR1000 is beyond me. They already had all the tooling. Just eliminate some of the bodywork and put on some high bars and your set.
      Okay, thanks for listening.
      Laters
      Greg
      sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
      2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
      Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
      '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
        Why Suzuki never made a Naked GSXR1000 is beyond me. They already had all the tooling. Just eliminate some of the bodywork and put on some high bars and your set.
        Okay, thanks for listening.
        Laters
        Greg
        They did, it was called the B-King and they couldn't give them away. I don't think they had much of a marketing campaign, but fact of the matter is, there were STILL new 2008 models selling at dealerships in the past couple of years. What's really funny is they DID sell over in the UK, enough for them to make 2009 and 2010 models. I don't think they will try that experiment again over here in the states, they just weren't popular over here for whatever reasons, even though they are TERRIFIC motorcycles!
        Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
        87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
        99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
        15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by Dogma View Post
          I'm not sure I'd call that thriving. Once you get rid of the payments, you really don't want another.
          That's the truth. Once one gets acclimated to not making payments, it is difficult to volunteer to get back on that treadmill. I've looked at new bikes, but considering my wants in a bike, I haven't seen anything new that I thought was a great enough advance over my trusty old B12 to warrant the treadmill. The old bike does everything I want it to do, does it very well and is reliable as a locomotive. Any new bike I seriously consider is going to have to be something that impresses the Hell out of me and there are few bikes available that meet my criteria.
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Difference

Okay, while there is more the difference of 150 pounds between the King and GSXR, I think there is more to it than just that the King didn't have any marketing. Why the oversized exhaust? And a one off show doesn't translate well to a production bike. But either way, Suzuki isn't offering anything most of us want or are willing to buy, even with the 0% financing.
            I saw a pic of a King with a normal GSXR tail and that just pulls it together.
            Laters
            Greg
            sigpic1983 1100 Katana - soon to be turbo Busa powered.
            2007 GSXR1K-Sold-But not forgotten.
            Have 2X ZG14 engine's for '81 GS750E project.
            '82 GS750E frame is TITLED awaiting GSXR1127/12B engine and '81 1100E slowly being built.

Comment

Originally posted by gmansyz View Post
              Okay, while there is more the difference of 150 pounds between the King and GSXR, I think there is more to it than just that the King didn't have any marketing. Why the oversized exhaust? And a one off show doesn't translate well to a production bike. But either way, Suzuki isn't offering anything most of us want or are willing to buy, even with the 0% financing.
              I saw a pic of a King with a normal GSXR tail and that just pulls it together.
              Laters
              Greg
              It isn't only Suzuki not offering anything that entices me. The new stuff I see looks nice, but my response is primarily HO HUM.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by marvinsc View Post
                Who hasn't been tempted to at least look..........?
                Me. When they start making bikes like this again:

I'll think about buying one. Not that I could afford one anyway, but it's the principle.

Comment

Second runner up (just not in brown ):

Comment

Went to a Suzuki/Moto Guzzi shop in Germany the other day, all kinds of interesting mid sized models are sold here, including modern versions of the old standard UJM type. I would take a look if we had any of those in the US.

The stuff they are selling us now, meh.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by GS1000G Shopper View Post
                      Second runner up (just not in brown ):
                      FYI, per Suzuki that color is ACADEMY Gray. Same as the bike I had.
                      sigpic2002 KLR650 Ugly but fun!
                      2001 KLR650 too pretty to get dirty

Life is a balancing act, enjoy every day, "later" will come sooner than you think. Denying yourself joy now betting you will have health and money to enjoy life later is a bad bet.

Where I've been Riding

Comment

Not sure how I missed this thread earlier, but, my 0.02USD:

Financing is for poor consumerist suckas! The only way I'd buy a brand-new vehicle was if I were so rich that I kept running out of ideas for how to waste all of my ill-gotten gains. As long as I'm not yet a millionaire, I'll stick with buying used and let someone else work hard for all that depreciation and interest!

The ones that really crack me up the most are those who buy a bike at $1k above MSRP (why?!), get financing for it, ride it for six months, then try to unload a used bike on craigslist for $500 above MSRP. Because, hey, they "need the money" and they're "just trying to sell it for what they owe on it." Because somehow it's news to them that riding a new bike off the lot dropped the value by 25%, not 5%.
                        Charles
                        --
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                        X