No announcement yet.

Need informed opinions on CL350 Scrambler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just proves the level of social immaturity that you operate on..I wouldn't be so proud if I was you!!!
    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Chuck, I fixed up the 82' 850 and rode it for several years then gave it to my #2 son. I'll go through the 78 CB750F and give it to my youngest son. I'm probably upside down on my 80 '850 and I figure I'll be north of 3K on the skunk when it's finally finished. Do I care if I loo$e out or break even on them, not in the slightest.

A small piece of advice Chuck. If the 350 is rusted like they can get up here, walk away from it.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
        I don't like the sound or rocking couple vibration on those. A 180 degree crank is more annoying vibration than a 360 degree crank to me. A high school buddy had one I rode quite a bit. My foot literally vibrated off of the (admittedly oily) peg on it. Its cool to see a nice one, scrambler, SL, or CB, but they are not a great ride on the street. They sold a lot, but so does McDonald's.
        I would have to agree, they were not great bikes. In fact, they sucked in comparison to the 2 strokes I rode at the same time. Heavy, cumbersome, slow. However, they sold lots of them and they have value now, for what ever reason.

Comment

rb, the 750F was the best of the single cam Honda 750s. Not a collector's item, but a decent bike for the time. Good bike to restore, IMHO.

Comment

Twister...want to press my buttons? My address is 103 South 25th Street, Temple Texas.

Bring your biitch azz to my front door and press a button!!!!!

THIS IS NOT A THREAT..ITS AN OPEN INVITATION FOR A "GET TO REALLY KNOW ME" VISIT.
            Last edited by chuck hahn; 07-03-2013, 11:24 AM.
            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
              Ed....that's why I am asking the many questions...I AM NOT a flipper and never have been. I am a ground up reconditioner of these bikes for my own pleasure and my own stable. PERIOD!!!

Theres a difference ( to me anyway ) between someone that buys a nice bike cheaply, washes it and puts air in the tires, fixes just a few things and relists it for a higher price.

All the skill that takes is cruising craigslist and finding them cheap. That and and knowing what bikes are collectable or more sought after than others.
              Guess I opened up a can of worms Chuck, being a ground up refinisher it will make it hard for you to be a flipper in this case. You'll be fighting your natural tendencies to do everything on the bike and doing everything right costs $$$ and its hard to know when to stop.

In the last 18 months I've bought in the range of 40-45 bikes (have to check my notebook for sure). Most are just straight part outs and have turned around maybe 6 or 8 complete bikes. Have three bikes right now that I will flip and then I'll probably be done for the year. I am not even close to being a refinisher myself but maybe someday I'll try a ground up.

I would leave this particular project alone, not much meat on the bone if any when your done.

Comment

Twister...want to press my buttons? My address is 103 South 25th Street, Temple Texas.

THIS IS NOT A THREAT..ITS AN OPEN INVITATION FOR A "GET TO REALLY KNOW ME" VISIT.
                bro, you need sumthink sooothing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npibxunoOM8

Comment

Didn't need your address, been past the city dump many times. Next time I decide to unload a trailer full of garbage, I'll stop by.
                  Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                  87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                  99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                  15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Tornado, unlike you, I know Chuck....personally. He has a heart that many of us only wish we could have. Let's get this straight, pal. He's into buying and wrenching on motorcycles simply because he likes them ALOT. Period.

The condescendence that you're flinging around in its hollow context is void of taste and contrary to what you think, isn't amusing.

Those who know me, what I do, what I've done, and what's in my shop know that I have the merits to put you where you need to be.

My advice to you, kid, is to stand down before you label yourself as an azz hoe.
                    Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Frank...Thanks for the support.

Twister is just a little twit and a troll. I have extended the invitation, so if he had just one hair on his ******* he can come on by and get some
                      perspective" for future postings. But all we will ever see of him is his infantile remarks from behind the safety and protection of his computer screen.

Comment

Tornado I don't see the point in purposely trying to pi$$ people off. Obviously you take issue with Chuck for your own reasons but enough is enough. There is a point where it goes to far. Can't we all just get along...

Comment

His issue is that I am anti weed and we have butted heads over the issue in the distant past.

Hes again showing one of my key arguments from back then.. Smoking weed inhibits the brain from maturing and developing along with experiences learned.

His comments and how "crafty and clever" he thinks he is is actually just showcasing this reality.

Comment

I would pass on it Chuck. It's a money pit, it's not a particularly desirable bike and any market for them is very small. It isn't a break even proposition.
                            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

I did..found it had no carbs and only the head pipes..no mufflers. Crud and scale don't scare me as I know how to deal with that. So much not there to even bother as a parts bike really..unless you had one and needed some engine parts or something.

Comment

Love the old scramblers. I want to do a cafe racer on that platform one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X