No announcement yet.

New motorcycle movie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome............ I remember my 1st bike, my father gave it to me when we lived in Rota, Spain. I am pretty sure it was a Ducati. It had a seat on a post and a pedal start with folding handle bars ( like the little Honda's).

I have searched for one over the years but have never seen one.

I have purchased a few bikes for my son. He has never really taken to them as he prefers quads.

He has asked to take one of my Honda 450's to college next year.

Sorry, I got a little nostalgic after watching the movie trailer.

Comment

I would love to go see that.
      future owner of some year and displacement GS bike,as yet unclaimed and unowned.

Comment

Kids are not to blame.

You will note that my sons in the photo may or not be performing illegal acts on federal property this month. Sure the CT 90 in the background is street legal so ok on the forest roads, but the driver is not licensed. Regarding the XR in the logging equipment puddle, you can't buy an off road permit for a two wheeler and he would probably need some safety course permit to drive. Strange politics are hard to explain to kids for such a simple activity, it is easier make a fine risk/reward judgment then ride.

Personally I have less than 3 acres that the kids can ride on in the yard, which is more than I had as a kid. I know when the boys have had a bad day, because the single cylinders pop around the yard. I am not always sure of the influence of the game system.

The XR I bought for $550 as the typical ad for a kids bike includes something like "the kid lost interest". Well yea, unless you are fortunate to live in an area with easy ridding wouldn't you? Also if you are not riding often you don't learn to wrench/tweak.

Then there are tough family issues that make riding less than a priority. Minimally Dad gets lazy. I could run them to sports events and music classes also. It is easy for kids can sit in front of a TV and get marketed to or speak with friends while interacting on game systems. Few of their friends can relate to the bike riding even when sharing stories at school.

Pure joy passing Asian bike flu to the kids and riding along side of them. While we wait for the movie here is my inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_oPq5DIlpI
        Hondas
        '73 ATC70 '85 XL125S '02 XR650L
        Suzuki
        '83 gs750t vin#551 '97 DR650
        Kaw
        '89 KLR650

sigpic

Comment

Kids aren't being kids unless they are outside and getting dirty, one way or another. I never had to be told "go out and play"!!!!
          Looks awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yasser View Post
            Kids are not to blame.

You will note that my sons in the photo may or not be performing illegal acts on federal property this month. Sure the CT 90 in the background is street legal so ok on the forest roads, but the driver is not licensed. Regarding the XR in the logging equipment puddle, you can't buy an off road permit for a two wheeler and he would probably need some safety course permit to drive. Strange politics are hard to explain to kids for such a simple activity, it is easier make a fine risk/reward judgment then ride.

Personally I have less than 3 acres that the kids can ride on in the yard, which is more than I had as a kid. I know when the boys have had a bad day, because the single cylinders pop around the yard. I am not always sure of the influence of the game system.

The XR I bought for $550 as the typical ad for a kids bike includes something like "the kid lost interest". Well yea, unless you are fortunate to live in an area with easy ridding wouldn't you? Also if you are not riding often you don't learn to wrench/tweak.

Then there are tough family issues that make riding less than a priority. Minimally Dad gets lazy. I could run them to sports events and music classes also. It is easy for kids can sit in front of a TV and get marketed to or speak with friends while interacting on game systems. Few of their friends can relate to the bike riding even when sharing stories at school.

Pure joy passing Asian bike flu to the kids and riding along side of them. While we wait for the movie here is my inspiration. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_oPq5DIlpI
            Thanks for that video. You are right about it being up to the parents to some extent, the video is a reminder to me to make more effort to get out riding with my boy.
            When I grew up on dirt bikes my Dad didn't ride so I rode with friends. I grew up in the country so we just "took off". My son and most kids don't have that luxury these days.
            Where as my Dad didn't have to make any effort, I do. We load the bikes up in the truck, with all our gear, tools etc. then drive 30min to a spot to ride, then load up and come home. To ride a couple of hours is at least a 5-6 hour commitment with washing and maintaining the bikes afterwords.
            I also agree with you about my son's friends don't ride so he is not into talking about it much (he says he doesn't want to talk about it because "not everyone is lucky enough to have a dirt bike", from the mouths of babes eh?). I had lots of riding friends, so it's not fair to compare.
            We will start riding a lot more now that poorer weather will be here.
            I do know one thing..you can't wipe the grin off my face when I'm out riding with my son.
            No signature

Comment

LMAO- Asian bike flu- that's awesome!

Comment

that looks pretty cool. it aint going to be a On Any Sunday though thats for sure.

Comment

Oh....Oh...yeah, I'll be seeing that one with my daughter. My wife, fortunately, gets it.

So many interesting moments. Excluding the couple trips to the hospital, there were all those things that just wouldn't happened without a bike and they always come back in the most crystal-clear memory.

Getting caught in a snowstorm in southern CA just an hour after riding through the desert with no shirt or helmet......riding down the dirt road on my Norton come into Camp Horno on Pendleton every morning like it was a dirt with this huge plume of dust following me.....freezing my as$ off by an interstate in Okalahoma with an exploded chain for hours, when the cop finally pulled over and called me a tow, he came out, put my bike in a sling and drove twenty miles back to Claremore at 2 AM and the bill was $40 and he told me $10 because I didn't look like I had much money (he was right).....little motels along 66 where I could roll my bike right into the room at night.........hitting 135 on a turbo'd '73 Z1 between Dallas and Waco.....and on and on and on.....
                  "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

I think this movie has pretty much come and gone. It looks like it was only in theatres in Southern California & there was one private screening here in my Town last week by an HD dealer. It was cool, they had it at a big theater.....but I couldn't weasel my way in. We are supposed to have them for sale before Thanksgiving, so it is making it to DVD VERY quickly. I am kicking around the idea of having a movie night at a local bar here in Columbus Ohio in December. I'm thinking this, On any Sunday, Dust to Glory & Worlds fastest Indian would be a great line-up.

Comment

Friend of mine is the editor of Roadbike magazine, he attended a premier in NYC a week or so ago. May still make it to the mainstream theaters.

Comment

Looks like the premier is coming to Chicago in early December. I think a bunch of us locals are going to see it together. Really looking forward to it!!!
                        Current: 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2009 Triumph Tiger 1050, 1996 DR350SE
                        Previous: 2022 GSX-S1000GT+, 2007 GSF1250SA Bandit, 2008 DL1000 V-Strom, 1977 GS750B

Comment

Working...
                        X