No announcement yet.

Smaller GF Bike Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To me, the high-revving 250 ninjas and cbrs sort of call for energetic racer types,pitched forward leaning hard on clip-on bars...
    You could take her to dealerships to sit on various formats and get in the ball park of what she feels comfortable with.Unfortunately, most don't have the feel our old bikes do, being extreme at every style, but it'll get them off the list and help to settle a choice.

a Yamaha XV250 in a newish bike is not too bad to ride (or look at ) Solid feel and look....really easy to ride but goes along well enough...shoulder checks and such without twisting her neck off....

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacstogo View Post
      My wife rides a 1976 KZ400 - nice nimble light bike and she loves it. Here's a rather nice example of a 450S if you're looking for one;

I want that!!
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
        I want that!!
        Me too!! I was trying to get one from a forum member in Portland last year but the first person who saw it bought it.

Carrie has been pretty happy with her 2008 gs500. Fun around town and light enough for the city but capable for longer weekend tours. Cheap like borscht and common as dirt.
        Carrie is 5'8" and can easily flat foot it. She took her Lessons on a DR200 and a GS500 and her final road test on her own GS500.

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
          I want that!!
          I know where there's a black one, if he still has it
          1978 GS 1000 (since new)
          1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
          1978 GS 1000 (parts)
          1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
          1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
          1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
          2007 DRz 400S
          1999 ATK 490ES
          1994 DR 350SES

Comment

Originally posted by Big T View Post
            I know where there's a black one, if he still has it
            I'm interested, Todd. I offered to trade my best looking GS850G to my nephew for the 500 Ascot I sold him 7 or 8 years ago. Its a cool black one, and my dad had the seat redone in red leather. My nephew took off the ugly stock square headlight and put a 7-1/2" GS 1100G headlight on it. Big improvement in looks.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
            X