X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a little pricey indeed ,wow, lol, Brian

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
      Well after 11 days of ownership and getting out for a ride almost everyday, I brought my bike in for it's first service at 760kms.
      They did the recall fix on the foam screen thingy...
      And they took care of the bulletin on the hot start issue by putting in a "hotwire start kit". Basically a heavier wiring harness.

Sorry if this is not interesting to you. Thought some might want to see costs for my service.

Here is a list of what they did for for the "1000km first service"

Oil filter $25.49
      1 crush washer-K12/R?? $1.49
      300V 5W40 Factory line 60L $75.96
      1 O-ring $2.49
      1 Sealing Ring $1.49
      0.2 Gear oil Castrol SAF-XO bulk 1L $7.40

Parts sub total $114.32

Labor 2 hours $216.00

Other (shop supplies) WTF? $16.42

GST (tax) $17.32

PST (tax) $24.26

Total $388.32

And for free...lol

Check...brakes pads/lines/rotors/fluid, cooland levels, adj throttle cable, check tire pres/tread depth, lube side stand/side stand switch, check lights/signals/horn, charge battery/test charge state, cheack fault codes, reset service timer,test ride.

Next service 10760kms
      Not interesting?

You got me jonzin for a new bike bad...

The facts that is was like 2 here for days and that I'd probably be away and not be able to ride it for most of the year have been limiting factors.

Great bike - thanks for posting.

Comment

You should have done the oil change yourself saved on the shop labour, and had them do the rest of the stuff....for free

Comment

For a premium bike at a premium price, why didn't you get at least the first service INCLUDED into the sale? With the profit that they made from you, they most certainly could afford to throw it into the sale.

Comment

I plan on doing the oil changes myself from now on. I just have to make sure I keep receipts as proof of synthetic (changes only required every 10000kms) oil for warranty.
            As for the cost of the bike, I got for a very good price at dealer cost as it was old stock on the floor. Not saying they wouldn't have thrown in the first service, just didn't think to ask.
            The whole point of having a new bike is for me to ba able to put on serious miles without the worry of breaking down/having a bike out of commission and being nickle and dimed to death. I love my old GS bikes and will never sell them but to put 25000kms (15000miles) on a 30 + year old bike you are gonna be spending money and likely being stranded the odd time too. Not to mention wear the crap out of what I consider to be pretty nice bikes. I don't have the mechanical know how of most of the guys here (and not afraid to admit that) and I would rather be riding than wrenching.
            On the BMW I have 6 years unlimited milage with roadside assistance.
            Every 10000kms will cost me $388. Not bad, imo, for that kind of piece of mind.
            And this bike is a hoot to ride. Special things happen at 8000rpm!
            No signature

Comment

Just enjoy the bike and the good rides......the cost of ownership will be peanuts if you get the usage out of it.....400 bucks every once in a while is cheap.....

It's too bad it's not like their cars/suv's the last one I had, included all oil changes and service requirements no charge....I just put gas into the thing for 4 years.....mind you it was a lease....

Enjoy....

Comment

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                $388.32 for an oil change? Welcome to the wonderful world of BMW! Hey, send me a text tomorrow if you can meet up for lunch, (if you can afford it!)
                Yeah maybe you should buy. lol...I will give you a shout later this norning. You riding or caging it?
                No signature

Comment

Yeah maybe you should buy. lol...I will give you a shout later this morning. You riding or caging it?
                  It's sunshine and lollipops out there today! I'm riding!
                  IBA# 12860
                  Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
                  1984 KZ1100R
                  2008 Kawasaki KLR650
                  2011 Concours 1400

Comment

Oil filter $25.49
                    1 O-ring $2.49
                    1 Sealing Ring $1.49

Parts sub total $114.32

Labor 2 hours $216.00

GST (tax) $17.32

PST (tax) $24.26

Total $388.32
                    ...That's not so bad.Par for the course at a dealership.
                    However, the one that bugs me ,too, is "Shop Supplies"-didn't CBC Marketplace have an expose on that?

Comment

Well after 11 days of ownership and getting out for a ride almost everyday, I brought my bike in for it's first service at 760kms.
                      They did the recall fix on the foam screen thingy...
                      And they took care of the bulletin on the hot start issue by putting in a "hotwire start kit". Basically a heavier wiring harness.

Sorry if this is not interesting to you. Thought some might want to see costs for my service.

Here is a list of what they did for for the "1000km first service"

Oil filter $25.49
                      1 O-ring $2.49
                      1 Sealing Ring $1.49

Parts sub total $114.32

Labor 2 hours $216.00

GST (tax) $17.32

PST (tax) $24.26

Total $388.32

And for free...lol

Check...brakes pads/lines/rotors/fluid, cooland levels, adj throttle cable, check tire pres/tread depth, lube side stand/side stand switch, check lights/signals/horn, charge battery/test charge state, cheack fault codes, reset service timer,test ride.

Next service 10760kms
                      $108/hr labour??? Holy crap that's high.
                      2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                      2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

2 hours for an oil change? I bet they didn't spend 10 minutes.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          2 hours for an oil change? I bet they didn't spend 10 minutes.
                          You could do all that in ten minutes? You should be in nascar then
                          No signature

Comment

2 hours is a pretty sweet oil change. Very thorough.

Comment

...one hopes they were Teutonically obsessing over the torque of every bolt on the bike while the oil was dripping out. Every cable, every light... before they know it, the hour has flown and they're into the next.
                              In an ideal world, If you take it into their shop, they are going to make sure that there's no way that bike comes back with something they should have caught. That'd be REALLY Bad for business...a worse hit than just "expensive" -and who isn't "expensive"? Maybe consider it as a proportion of the purchase price.
                              If I am buying a second-hand machine, I pay a premium when it's been back to the dealer regularly and has receipts that prove it because I know it will take me a much longer time to kill them with my own haphazard mekanikking.

Comment

Special things happen at 8000rpm!
                                Breaking it in, I see!!
                                sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Working...
                                X