Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
    Breaking it in, I see!!
    Oh yes I am! 900kms on it now. Took my son out for breakfast, than we toured around for a few hours.
    No signature

Comment

Have you used the full awesome power?
      sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Originally posted by 850 Combat View Post
        Have you used the full awesome power?
        I have taken it to redline (11000rpm) in the first two gears only. Third i was around 8000rpm by then I was doing 180kms
        This bike is WAY beyond my riding capabilities. Come to think of it most bikes are.
        I took my 750 out for a ride recently and boy what a strange difference after riding the BMW for two weeks. Wide seat, sitting on the bike instead of in the bike, feet forward etc. I even skidded the back tire while braking. Starting to already get spoiled by ABS!It's a good lesson to switch back and forth often so as not to lose too many riding skills aquired only by riding our classic bikes.
        No signature

Comment

Hey Trev.... Which is more, that oil change or your monthly insurance premium ?
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Trevor what horsepower is it rated to have

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
              Hey Trev.... Which is more, that oil change or your monthly insurance premium ?
              Lol...my insurance is less. By about half.
              No signature

Comment

Originally posted by harley10 View Post
                Trevor what horsepower is it rated to have
                It's rated at a heart stopping...

No signature

Comment

That is a lot , so be careful and ride safe , that should good for 300kph lol so don't try it

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                    Lol...my insurance is less. By about half.
                    Can you tell I'm jealous ? Looking forward to coming over for a ride and seeing it once it warms up.... { gotta do my first work on the Kat, washed it and it won't start }
                    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                    1983 GS 750

Comment

Trevor, what motorcycle are you riding to Cranbrook???
                      My Motorcycles:
                      22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                      22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                      82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                      81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                      79 1000e (all original)
                      82 850g (all original)
                      80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by storm 64 View Post
                        Trevor, what motorcycle are you riding to Cranbrook???
                        Are you kidding?? My 83 GS1100e of course! I don't think I could handle the ribing for showing up to a gs suzuki rally on a bmw. My cousin from Ontario might be out here and ride my 80 gs750e out too. I think he really wants to ride my BMW though. Have to talk to Sandy, we won't be staying at Sandy's place or eating the food so just riding with the group. I know Sandy has said no guests..just members. Think I will send him a note. If it's not cool, we will just go do our own thing.
                        I'm planning to do a ten day trip somewhere in early May on the bmw.
                        No signature

Comment

Well just 2 days shy of 4 months since I bought my 1300r and I took it in for it's 10,000km (actually have 10,900kms on it ) service.
                          No issues. I never thought I would own a new bike bike but I gotta say I love this bike!
                          There certainly was more than a few nay sayers here when I mentioned thinking about buying the bike back at xmas time, and to you I say thanks for the advice but this bike has been nothing short of brilliant!
                          Don't get me wrong...I still love my old GS bikes and love to ride them but it's a totally different experience.
                          If you have ever thought about buying a new bike but have not...my advice to you would be do it! Life is way too short. And besides, it's only money.
                          No signature

Comment

Well just 2 days shy of 4 months since I bought my 1300r and I took it in for it's 10,000km (actually have 10,900kms on it ) service.
                            No issues. I never thought I would own a new bike bike but I gotta say I love this bike!
                            There certainly was more than a few nay sayers here when I mentioned thinking about buying the bike back at xmas time, and to you I say thanks for the advice but this bike has been nothing short of brilliant!
                            Don't get me wrong...I still love my old GS bikes and love to ride them but it's a totally different experience.
                            If you have ever thought about buying a new bike but have not...my advice to you would be do it! Life is way too short. And besides, it's only money.
                            Nice job.

Great bike. Glad it was all you had hoped.

It's up there in the two or three new/er bikes I'd look at. Then again I consider the original K1200r a newer bike.

Naked and big enough for larger size hominids. I can only guess at the acceleration by referencing my old XX.

I suppose trying to bring one to the States would not be worth the night mare. Can get pretty close with a K1200r...

I'll probably sell the 1100e and get something new/er.

Anyway, thanks for the vicarious experience.

Comment

You mean like this one?

2022 Suzuki GSX-S1000GT
                              2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 w/sidecar

2005 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dave

Comment

Hayabuser, that looks like a whole book of speeding tickets just waiting to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X