No announcement yet.

Interesting title problem, need some opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just going by my own experience in Ca.. My reg was set to expire June 2013 IN FEB 2013 I dropped the insurance, stopped riding it.. The DMV sent me a Nasty letter so I put it on Non op cost $25 Then I received the renewal notice in May additional $25 to continue Non op or the reg renewal I think was $85 did not do either !!! I thought it was NON op. NOT any more past due renewal $147 that's BS

Comment

Originally posted by eil View Post
      If you don't have the title, you don't own the bike.
      What he said, expanded - If you don't have the CLEAR title, you don't own the bike.

AND since the seller would testify that he told you the back story, and you knew it's not a clear title, law enforcement may not look kindly on you at all.

Don't walk - RUN away from this one!

Comment

Originally posted by miked View Post
        Yea, I've heard this too. But what about GP style bikes, like a TZ250 that have minimal identification and nothing at all looking like a VIN stamped on the frame?
        All the TZ250's through the TZ750's I have even seen had serial numbers stamped on the steering neck. They even have engine serial numbers stamped on the cases.

The mighty TZ750 serial number starts out with 409-******

Even the Factory Bikes have some type of serial number on them. Don't think you can make it through Customs without them.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the law enforcement on that one. I don't know the law but i would think they could charge you with theft.
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

The basic problem with the original question is this:
            If the bank has put a lien on the bike, then they own it. And the title, as well.
            Eventually, they will send someone to find it and take it.
            You would be better served going to the bank and offering to purchase it from them.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
              You would be better served going to the bank and offering to purchase it from them.
              Interesting angle. I don't have the VIN, nor the bank info. But I hadn't considered that as a solution. For next time, passed on it days ago

Comment

Working...
              X