No announcement yet.

82 GPz question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmmmm It depends where they are,there's been some pretty bad weather in the east this winter.

Comment

When I worked for Nissan the warehouses shipped within a day or so of order receipt.

I've placed Suzuki parts orders with Bike Bandit and received the parts the same week.

Having a hard time believing Kawasaki is that slow, and even if the weather is bad, that typically doesn't add more than a day or two delay.
      Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Comment

OK but does that make it so?Short of me and Nessism getting together and checking cams side by side I guess we'll never know for sure.Doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

Comment

If you go back to the '81 parts list, they show the same number for the cams also, yet the earlier ones had a tach drive on them - I find mistakes every once in a while on their breakdowns.

If you take a look at the '82 KZ1100B2 (GPz1100) and look at the fuel injection breakdown, they show the mass air meter parts from the '80 Z1 Classic, and the '81 GPz on the breakdown, yet the '82 was DFI only, never had those parts.

I couldn't even get an answer from Kawasaki USA, or Kawasaki Canada about the programming of the ECU, they didn't remember.

I asked them if the fuel MAP on my Canadian-spec GPz1100, that has no US emissions on it was the same as the USA model. The ECU's have the same part number, yet they have different production numbers on them.

They couldn't tell me -

So when I dig out the original magazine reviews, complete with pictures of parts & combustion chambers, I'm inclined to believe them

Comment

If there are pics then that would be good enough for me to.Did the mods to the head as well is interesting.Seems the 82 750 GPz is more than just a tarted up KZ750.I was happy to be getting it and it just keeps getting better!

Comment

I intend to add a '82 to my collection - I know where there is one that's not being ridden, but he's not selling - at least not yet

Comment

I'm adding a '82 GPz750 to my stable - just made the deal - $1400 and a drive down to Colorado to pick it up.

It has 26,000 miles on it, needs carbs cleaned, and the original tires have slow leaks.

It'll look good in between my GPz550 and GPz1100, and I think the GS1100 will look good next to them too.
                  Last edited by Guest; 03-14-2014, 05:31 PM.

Comment

Now that's cool Montana.Mines a little ways away from that condition but I love my projects.
                    Was going though the 82 supplement to the manual,it's mostly R1 stuff.In the little piece about the camshafts it reads:
                    For the KZ750R the exhaust camshaft has not the tachometer gear because the electric tachometer system is used on this motorcycle.
                    It goes on to state in stilted English that it's cut so it fits in the other models. Guess the later cams might just fit.I'm not particularly interested in doing that but thought it was something to put out there.

Comment

These things were special - I loved my L3, and if it wasn't for life (babies, etc) I never would have sold it.

There are advantages to being an old man.

Comment

Originally posted by Montanaman View Post
                        These things were special - I loved my L3, and if it wasn't for life (babies, etc) I never would have sold it.

There are advantages to being an old man.
                        I hear you!Slowly getting all the bikes I never had the $$ for when I was younger.

Comment

I'm beat -

we took off at 3:00 am Sunday morning, arrived at Gypsum, Colorado at 1:30 in the afternoon, and got back to Billings at 1:00 am on Monday, and I'm just finishing a long day at work -

But I'm smiling - because the GPz is in the back of my pickup out front.

She looks nice, but when you look close she'll need a fair amount of work before she's ready to go riding.

The choke/enrichener knob on the carbs is missing, the tires are dry-rotting and leaking, one of the turn signal stalks is cracked, and I'm certain that in addition to a carb/fuel system cleaning that she'll needs valve clearances checked, oil changed, new chain, new throttle cable, etc.

I can't wait to start gunking down the back wheel

Comment

I'm adding a '82 GPz750 to my stable
                            It'll look good in between my GPz550 and GPz1100
                            You have a GPz550, 750 and 1100? I love complete sets. PICS PLEASE!!

I've always dreamed about getting a few old Kaw 900's and sticking an H2 or two between 'em.
                            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

I'm adding a '82 GPz750 to my stable - just made the deal - $1400 and a drive down to Colorado to pick it up.

It has 26,000 miles on it, needs carbs cleaned, and the original tires have slow leaks.

It'll look good in between my GPz550 and GPz1100, and I think the GS1100 will look good next to them too.
                              I was actually tempted to buy that GPz750 when I saw it pop up on C/L . . . figured it would not last long.

Good luck
                              Steve
                              1979 GS1000E (44 Yrs), 1981 GPz550
                              Departed: 1970 Yamaha R5A, 1971 R5B, 1975 Honda XL250, 1983 Suzuki PE175, 1983 CB1100F, 1983 BMW R100RS, 1992 ST1100

Comment

Originally posted by srsupertrap View Post
                                I was actually tempted to buy that GPz750 when I saw it pop up on C/L . . . figured it would not last long.

Good luck
                                Steve

You would have had a lot shorter drive than I did

Comment

Working...
                                X